RE: [7mm NGA] Prices on Fee-bay for Wrightlines models

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 23, 2013
      Ian,

      Give you some idea, I started this morning at ten, a few meal breaks and a
      short walk with next door’s dog, a few e-mails, and I’ve just turned off the
      soldering iron, half past midnight and I just cannot see to put copper wire
      into brass unions any longer. Add eleven hours to what I’ve already done, at
      £10 an hour this is going to have a £1000 of time in it. That’s at a fairly
      low rate, a fraction of what I was getting for ‘real’ work.

      If, and of course I’m not, I was doing this as a full time job would anyone
      be prepared to pay for my time at the rate your plumber would charge?

    • ianj0trains
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 23, 2013
        Hi Frank,

        Am really looking forward to seeing some photos of those Hudswell Clarke well tanks, they're a lovely looking locomotive, pity it isn't offered as an O-16.5mm kit.

        I know I could try and convert one as you are, but there are so many projects already in the "one day" cupboard, I'm trying to resist adding such temptations.

        Cheers

        Ian J

        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 24, 2013
          All who are interested,

          Busy Bee went for £265. Nice model, kit still available, but largely white
          metal as I have one in the pile.

          One starts to wonder about insurance valuation.

          G Class mainly grit blasted ready to paint but I’m now adding lead as being
          virtually all brass it is quite light. Paint shop for Wednesday still on. I
          have hopes for Narrow Gauge North on the 9th. As it was delivered to Delhi
          Public Works Department, anyone know where I get an Indian crew?

          Frank.