Re: [7mm NGA] Better late than never...

  • Howard Clarke
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 10, 2013
      Hi Mike
      Good to know you are still active and keeping well.
      I will always be grateful to you and your mum for the kindness you showed me when we had an AGM down south somewhere.
      Always remember that if you are stuck for anything in the modelling line just send an email and one of us might come to Spain for a holiday, I have all mine in The Gambia so pass Spain usually at 35000 feet up.
      As for Graham in Cyprus, home of what was a fabulous narrow gauge system at one time, just convert those HO us modellers to the real scale, there must be something of the CGR left to get interested in.
      Since getting involved with the 7mm NGA I think I have built 60 steam locos, 30 yellow perils (Diesels) and over 250 pieces of stock and still at it, well err latest is a LBSC Railway 6-wheel brake van (0 gauge) etched brass kit
      Best regards to all
      Howard 215
      On cold and wet North Staffordshire Moorlands

      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 10, 2013
        Hi Howard
        Good times! Sad to say mum passed away two years ago at 96 still fit as a fiddle just went in her sleep. Glad to hear you are keeping well and still at it!

        On 10 Feb 2013, at 19:46, Howard Clarke <carrage32@...> wrote:

        > Hi Mike
        > Good to know you are still active and keeping well.
        > I will always be grateful to you and your mum for the kindness you showed me when we had an AGM down south somewhere.

        > Best regards to all
        > Howard 215
        > On cold and wet North Staffordshire Moorlands
      • daveandbec2001
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 12, 2013
          Hi Mike,

          Good to hear you are still modelling and still in contact. very sorry to hear about the loss of your models though.

          Hearing from you takes me back to the old AGM venue, the New Mechanics Institute in Nottingham, and a crowd of us sleeping on Don Mason's floor on the previous night. Also the hassle of getting layouts in and out of the venue via the minute lift (barely large enough for two people to squeeze in) from the equally minute underground carpark.

          The Association has come a long way since then!
          best wishes,
          David Taylor, 146