Just re-joined!

  • Roy
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
      Just re-joined the 7mm NGA after a 4-year absence, thought I had given up but the bug has bitten again.

      Did think about other scales but still prefer the chunkier 7mm Narrow Gauge.
      Since selling my previous layout `Crackington Quay' we have moved house to the West Country and only have room for a small layout 48" x 15" approx., but at least it will be something.

      Therefore as a starting point does anyone have any suggestions for a ready to run chassis for the Peco PEOL-3 Hunslet Quarry Engine, do not think my skills and eyesight would be able to cope with making up the `Branchlines' Chassis.

      Roy Parkes 4379.
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
        Roy,

        Get some magnifying lenses, the Branchlines chassis folds up. It must be
        easier to get it right than get it wrong.

      • James C
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
          Dear Roy,
          A very welcome back, Crackington Quay is still a classic and inspiring layout.
          best wishes,
          James Corsi #3469

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Roy" <royparkes@...> wrote:

          > Just re-joined the 7mm NGA after a 4-year absence, thought I had given up but the bug has bitten again.
          >
          > Did think about other scales but still prefer the chunkier 7mm Narrow Gauge.
          > Since selling my previous layout `Crackington Quay' we have moved house to the West Country and only have room for a small layout 48" x 15" approx., but at least it will be something.
          >
          > Therefore as a starting point does anyone have any suggestions for a ready to run chassis for the Peco PEOL-3 Hunslet Quarry Engine, do not think my skills and eyesight would be able to cope with making up the `Branchlines' Chassis.
          >
          > Roy Parkes 4379.

        • allen.morgan
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 17, 2012
            Hello Roy & welcome
            As a new member I can't say that I remember you but never mind.
            Regarding the Hunslet Chassis. I have one fitted to an old Triang chassis,
            the type used un Nelly & Polly with the X04 motor. It looks to fit fairly
            easily with the wheels out of line with the springs. However to make it sit
            correctly is a lot of hacking about. I have built the Branchlines chassis
            for the Peco GVT loco and if that is anything to go by it is easier than
            messing about and a much better runner.

            Regards
            Allen Morgan
            W.E.Lt.R.

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 21, 2012
              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "James C" <jamesmcorsi@...> wrote:

              > Dear Roy,
              > A very welcome back, Crackington Quay is still a classic and inspiring layout.
              > best wishes,
              > James Corsi #3469

              Agreed! I thought that name sounded familiar. I Googled "Crackington Quay" and found a charming video (just still photos though) at:
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtlKoi3BxmA
              I wonder if I've seen it on Carl Arendt's website too? Hmm...

              What a charming layout! What are the dimensions?

              Joe Krepps
              Secretary/Keystone Chapter - European Train Enthusiasts
              www.ete.org
            • Roy
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 21, 2012
                Hi Joe,