Fw: Brigadelok Locomotive

  • Howard Clarke
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 13, 2012
      Can anybody help Mike

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: mchltame@...
      To: carrage32@...
      Sent: Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:34 PM
      Subject: Brigadelok Locomotive

      Howard,

      I am a new member of 7mmnga.

      Please do you have or know who I could contact for drawings of a Brigadelok 0-8-0T locomotive,

      Regards,

      Mike Tame

      Sent from my iPad=

    • Sue & Graham Spencer
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 13, 2012
        Here’s a couple of places to start:
        http://wbf-kk.de/Bilder/Brigadelok.html
        http://www.milton.connectfree.co.uk/page13.html
        Not brilliant, but a starting point. I have a feeling I may have a drawing tucked away somewhere in a folder of general ng stuff - I’ll have a look and let you know.
        Graham

        On 13/09/2012 23:28:28, Howard Clarke (carrage32@...) wrote:
        > Can anybody help Mike

      • George Morris
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
          Here is a side elevation of a preserved example on the Östra Södermalmlands Järnväg (East Sodermalm Railway, near Stockholm):

          http://www.oslj.nu/?page_id=5899&lang=sv

          Unfortunately they have not published front and rear elevation drawings, even in paper format.

          best regards from Stockholm, George!

        • johnbjthompson
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
            The Military Narrow Gauge Yahoo group will probably have someone who can help in it, especially as there are a number of European members who model German field railways.

            John

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Clarke" <carrage32@...> wrote:

            > Can anybody help Mike

          • ianathompson
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
              Dear Howard'

              I presume that you mean the 0-8-0T engine by refering to Brigadelok.

              'Heeresfeldbahnen' by Alfred B Gottwaldt (Motorbuch Verlag; Stuttgart, 1986) contains what appears to be a general arrangement works diagram on p25. This particular example was built by Henschel & Sohn in 1918. The adjacent page contains photos of the Klein-Lindner articulation system which was used on these locos.

              The following pages give a list of builders, works numbers and running numbers and also include diagrams of the water tanks sometimes coupled to the locos to extend their range.

              I appreciate that it will be difficult, if not impossible, to track this book down so if you want I can probably get this diagram copied and send it to you.

              Ian Thompson (23)
            • daniel caso

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 14, 2012
                  Narrow Lines Extra No 3 contains a drawing, available from all good Association Publications Officers....

                  Cheers,
                  Andrew

                • ianj0trains
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 15, 2012
                    Hi,

                    Interestingly, unless I'm missing something, none of these plans have what I regard as a vital dimension, the wheelbase. I have a couple of drawings obtained over the years of these locos, but without that dimension, I have found it impossible to work out exactly what scale the drawing is to.

                    I did note though one of the linked drawings posted in this thread had the length over buffing plate, so from that I should now be able to work out a scale on the drawings I have.

                    Cheers

                    Ian J
                  • daniel caso
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 15, 2012
                      Ian:

                          You can send a message to Arnoud Bongard of the Decauville Museum at Harskamp (The Netherlands). They have brought some time ago one of the brigade locos to their collection. The loco is in a terrible condition but the wheelbase can't have changed  because that.

                      Here the link to thir English pages:

                      http://translate.google.nl/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.decauville.nl%2F

                                     Daniel

                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 15, 2012
                        According to the article in the March 1969 edition of “The Narrow Gauge”, the fixed wheelbase (centre two pairs of wheels) is 790mm and the total wheelbase 2260mm. The outer wheels are on Klien-Lindner trucks.

                        Graham