Re: [7mm NGA] O-16.5 loco parts

  • Howard Clarke
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
      Hi Mike
      As a long time loco builder I had similar problems looking for 7mm scale boiler fittings.
      I then discovered Shedmaster which is now part of the Laurie Griffin Miniatures range.
      Most of the individual parts are for 7mm scale British standard gauge locomotives but if you are building locos bigger than quarry Hunslets then there are many parts in the old Shedmaster range including parts for boiler backheads etc.
      I once asked for boiler fittings for a Rhodesian Railways 4-8-4 tank, showed him the drawing and he came up with the lot!
      On-line catalogue : http://www.lgminiatures.co.uk/
      Also try ABS Models who took over Wrightlines range.
      Hope this helps
      Howard Clarke 215

      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2011
        Many thanks Howard - that's very useful indeed. Cheers, Mike
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 8, 2011
          Mike,

          Been away, sorry if this is too late. For small locos some of Alan Gibson
          4mm parts might pass, also look at 247 developments, some of their larger
          4mm backheads are suitable. Some 4mm chimneys will cut in half and extend
          with a piece of tubing.

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 8, 2011
            Thanks Frank - I hadn't though of 247 - excellent suggestion!

            Cheers,

            Mike