Sodering

  • Scott Ziebell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 17, 2001
      Hello everyone,
      I've taken the plunge and purchased both good soldering equipment and an
      etched brass locomotive kit. Figuring that it would be wise to practice
      first on a coach or wagon kit, can anyone recommend what they feel is a
      good first time kit? Prototype is not necessarily important as this is
      more for developing my skills. I model in O16.5
      Thanks
      Scott Ziebell
    • Vince Bradley
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 17, 2001
        Scott,
        May I suggest you start with 0.020" brass and build some boxes ete.
        Once the box comes out squar and to your liking you can get started on
        some simple kits. There are many techniques involved in making a
        locomotive kit such as bending, rolling and forming that need to be
        mastered. Also you didn't mention what type of soldering equipment you
        are going to use and as there are as many opinions as soldering
        equipment I would suggest you get some metal, shears and start building
        things.
        Good luck, Vincent