Re: [7mm NGA] Ceylon Garratt drawing

  • Howard Clarke
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 30, 2011
      Museum of Science and Industry archives, Manchester
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 4, 2011
        Peter

        Joe Lloyd's book on the BP Garratts there is a makers side view but no
        dimensions. The works number is 6629 (order no 1158)

        It looks similar to those supplied to DHR

        Regards

        David c

        I am looking for a drawing of the Ceylon 2-4-0+0-4-2 Garratt.

        Can anyone help?

        Peter

      • Phil Traxson
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 4, 2011
          Peter
          I have a copy of the BP catalogue of 1947 (not the recent cheap and
          cheerrfull reprint) but this only has a side view makers photo' and the only
          useful dimensions for a model are, coupled wheel diameter 2' 6", wheelbase
          of each unit 5' 3" rigid and 10' 0" total and total wheelbase of the
          locomotive 35' 9" if this is of any use to you.

          Regards

          Phil T.

          I am looking for a drawing of the Ceylon 2-4-0+0-4-2 Garratt.

          Can anyone help?

          Peter

          -----
          No virus found in this message.

        • petermgrace
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 5, 2011
            Guys,

            thank you for your help and advice. A few years back someone from the list sent me a nice clean drawing of the Ceylon Garratt in O scale.
            I used this to do etches for building 3-4 models. You can see one going together in the photo I have loaded into the photos section under Garratts. I have just completed one for a friend complete with gin and tender.
            It is the first model I have finished since having a brain tumour removed and then a cancer scare.
            I went to the Manchester Museum of Science and Industry a few years and got a copy of the original drawing, but it has many lines on it and is not easy to use.
            Unfortunately, I lost the good drawing and I was hoping someone else had a copy of it.

            Regards
            Peter
          • David
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 5, 2011
              Phil

              Not so cheap if you don't mind.

              David c

              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 5, 2011
                Not so cheerful either David, it looks terrible compared with the original,
                which is on high quality paper and came in a heavy card slipcase. It didn't
                photocopy well in straight black and white with no shades of grey.

                Phil T.