RE: [7mm NGA] Clamshell Bucket

    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 22, 2011
      Russell,

      Try Duncan Models, he does various 'ends' for his Priestman excavator kit.

      I've a feeling that he does some parts as a 'load' for a wagon.

    • johnbjthompson
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 22, 2011
        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Russell J Postlewaight <russell.unfire@...> wrote:

        > Hi All
        >
        > Does anyone know of a kit or casting for a cable operated clamshell bucket.
        > Doesn't matter if it's in 7mm or 1:48 scale.
        >
        > Many thanks
        >
        > Russell

        Backwoods Miniatures also do a number of excavators with different sorts of business ends, one of those might be suitable.
      • daniel caso
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 22, 2011
          Russell:

                     Why not to 3D print one (or more) ?

                                     Daniel

          ________________________________
          > Does anyone know of a kit or casting for a cable operated clamshell bucket.
          > Doesn't matter if it's in 7mm or 1:48 scale.
          >
          > Many thanks
          >
          > Russell

          Backwoods Miniatures also do a number of excavators with different sorts of business ends, one of those might be suitable.

        • Russell J Postlewaight
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 22, 2011
            Thanks John

            But I have asked Mr Backwoods for parts before and was categorically told
            that he doesn't sell parts.

            Appreciate your assistance

            Russell
            Wellington NZ

            > Does anyone know of a kit or casting for a cable operated clamshell
            bucket.
            > Doesn't matter if it's in 7mm or 1:48 scale.
            >
            > Many thanks
            >
            > Russell

            Backwoods Miniatures also do a number of excavators with different sorts of
            business ends, one of those might be suitable.

            _____

            No virus found in this message.

          • Russell J Postlewaight
            Message 5 of 15 , Jul 22, 2011
              Hello Frank,

              Thank you for alerting me to the Duncan Models website.
              There appears to be some wonderful stuff there especially as you pound is
              slipping in value against our dollar. It's just a pity the photos are so
              small and one can't see the detail.

              Once again thanks for your help
              Russell

              Try Duncan Models, he does various 'ends' for his Priestman excavator kit.

              I've a feeling that he does some parts as a 'load' for a wagon.

            • The Evisons
              Message 6 of 15 , Jul 23, 2011
                Russell,

                In the price lists, click on the camera icon next to the price and a bigger picture opens.

                I didn't know about Duncan Models before this post, so my thanks, Frank, also.

                Julian

                Message 7 of 15 , Jul 23, 2011
                  Thanks Julian - I'll have another look at it

                  Russell
                  Wellington NZ

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jul 24, 2011
                    Andy Duncan's kits are wonderful, I can't go to a show and not buy something from him, last show I spent £35 on stuff I didn't know I wanted!

                    I usually set an overall budget for the Telford shows and if any is left at the end of the day head to Andy's stall and spend it.

                    John

                    <Snip>

                    > I didn't know about Duncan Models before this post, so my thanks, Frank, also.
                    >
                    > Julian

                    <Snip>

                    > Hello Frank,
                    >
                    > Thank you for alerting me to the Duncan Models website.
                    > There appears to be some wonderful stuff there

                    > Russell

                  • Jay
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jul 24, 2011
                      Can you please provide the Duncan Models website correct address?

                      Cheers
                      Jay

                      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "johnbjthompson" <johnbjthompson@...> wrote:

                      > Andy Duncan's kits are wonderful, I can't go to a show and not buy something from him, last show I spent £35 on stuff I didn't know I wanted!
                      >
                      > I usually set an overall budget for the Telford shows and if any is left at the end of the day head to Andy's stall and spend it.
                      >
                      > John
                      >
                      > <Snip>
                      > >
                      > > I didn't know about Duncan Models before this post, so my thanks, Frank, also.
                      > >
                      > > Julian
                      > >
                      > <Snip>
                      > >
                      > > Hello Frank,
                      > >
                      > > Thank you for alerting me to the Duncan Models website.
                      > > There appears to be some wonderful stuff there
                      >
                      > > Russell

                    • martincoombsuk
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jul 25, 2011
                        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Jay" <jay.kershaw@...> wrote:

                        > Can you please provide the Duncan Models website correct address?
                        >
                        > Cheers
                        > Jay

                        Google is your friend.

                        http://www.duncanmodels.co.uk/
                      • Laytham, Jeremy
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jul 25, 2011
                          Hi Russell,

                          You could also try Crow River Models in the States, they do a very nice clam shell bucket in pewter - <http://www.crowriverproducts.com/AA-O63_Clam_Shell_Bucket.htm>
                          it's also available in HO if that ones to large.

                          Cheers
                          Jeremy

                          From: Russell J Postlewaight <russell.unfire@...<mailto:russell.unfire@...>>
                          Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 13:26:20 +1200
                          To: 7mmnga <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com<mailto:7mmnga@yahoogroups.com>>, <On30@yahoogroups.com<mailto:On30@yahoogroups.com>>
                          Subject: [7mm NGA] Clamshell Bucket

                          Hi All

                          Does anyone know of a kit or casting for a cable operated clamshell bucket.
                          Doesn't matter if it's in 7mm or 1:48 scale.

                          Many thanks

                          Russell

                          DISCLAIMER: This email is intended solely for the addressee. It may contain private and confidential information. If you are not the intended addressee, please take no action based on it nor show a copy to anyone. In this case, please reply to this email to highlight the error. Opinions and information in this email that do not relate to the official business of Nottingham Trent University shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by the University. Nottingham Trent University has taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are virus-free, but we do advise that the recipient should check that the email and its attachments are actually virus free. This is in keeping with good computing practice.
                        • Brian Rumary
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jul 25, 2011
                            On 25/07/2011 13:47, Laytham, Jeremy wrote:
                            > You could also try Crow River Models in the States, they do a very nice clam shell bucket in pewter -<http://www.crowriverproducts.com/AA-O63_Clam_Shell_Bucket.htm>
                            > it's also available in HO if that ones to large.
                            This website says it needs a user name and password to log-in before you
                            can access it! I tried just using the home page address, but it gets the
                            same response. Odd way to attract customers! :-(

                            --
                            Brian Rumary
                            England
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jul 25, 2011
                              I had the same problem, peculiar way of doing business! a range of Crow River
                              items are on Valley Model Trains' site:

                              http://www.valleymodeltrains.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=crow+river&search_in_description=1&osCsid=kfscvfqp2jef9ftsa65l7c34f7&x=0&y=0

                              Steve

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jul 26, 2011
                                Hmm looks like the website has thrown a wobbler since I looked at it yesterday, it only asked for log-in on a couple of products when I was browsing.
                                On the plus side the clam shell bucket is cheaper on the Valley Models site!

                                Jeremy

                                From: Brian Rumary <brian@...<mailto:brian@...>>
                                Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 17:52:46 +0100
                                To: <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com<mailto:7mmnga@yahoogroups.com>>