Re: Card Models

  • wensleyshortline
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 4, 2003
      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Balcombe" <oldgoat@b...> wrote:
      > Well,
      >
      > As promised, I've uploaded the plans for the card carriage. It's in
      the files section marked Carriage.PDF.

      > I've mentioned it in the file but I suggest printing it out on
      160gsm card. This is the thin stuff sold by office suppliers.

      Hi Dave. I've managed to print the sheet directly onto 40 thous card
      that came as a stiffener with my Epsom photo quality paper pack.
      Looks great although I think I'll need to read your instructions a
      few times before I put Xacto to card. Thanks for the design.
      On a separate subject, awhile back you asked the On30 group what
      their favorite modelling tool was & mention was made of a guillotine,
      which I don't have. Recommendations please? GerryB from the flatlands
      of Essex,UK.
    • Dave Balcombe
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 4, 2003
        <mention was made of a guillotine,which I don't have. Recommendations please? GerryB from the flatlands
        of Essex,UK.>

        Gerry,

        I got mine from Proops.

        Can recommend it

        Regards

        Dave Balcombe UK

        oldgoat@...

        http://www.teetering.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

        Outgoing Emails are automatically checked for viruses

      • Alastair Inskip
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 4, 2003
          Thanks Dave.. .

          And now another contribution to card models, this time "an engine" (remember to say this with an authentic valleys accent):

          Anyone know of a 7mm scale dragon?

          Alastair
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 4, 2003
            Noswaith dda,
            Now you can have Ivor the engine OR the carriage or both, don't you, isn't it boyo?
            Dal ati!, Daliwch ati!

            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 4, 2003
              Dave,
              I use a photographic guilotine purchased a decade ago fromm a discount
              photographic store in Ozz.
              Chas fromm Oz.

              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Dave Balcombe" <oldgoat@b...> wrote:
              > <mention was made of a guillotine,which I don't have.
              Recommendations please? GerryB from the flatlands
              > of Essex,UK.>
              >
              > Gerry,
              >
              > I got mine from Proops.
              >
              > http://www.proopsbrothers.com/
              >
              > Can recommend it
              >
              > Regards
              >
              > Dave Balcombe UK
              >
              > oldgoat@b...
              >
              > http://www.teetering.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
              >
              > Outgoing Emails are automatically checked for viruses
            • Vincent Bradley
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 5, 2003
                My daughter collects dragons and many of her group would be appropriate for an O gauge dragon.  One problem, how do you check the scale size?  Thanks to her I also have the odd dinosaur lurking, very dangerous place.

                Vincent Bradley

                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 5, 2003
                  Vince wrote:
                  <My daughter collects dragons and many of her group would be appropriate for an O gauge dragon.  One problem, how do you check the scale size?>

                  Not sure Vince, I just know that the scales are larger on the belly than on the tail! <VBG>