Re: [7mm NGA] The Great Outdoors

  • daniel caso
    Message 1 of 6 , May 31, 2011
      Steve:

          What you will find in the links below  is not 016,5 but 1/35 scale running on 16,5 track under Radio Command Control.

           Enjoy!

                               Daniel

      http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=1222&forum_id=17

      http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=1663&forum_id=17

      http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=2308&forum_id=17

      http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=1777&forum_id=17

      http://www.freerails.com/view_topic.php?id=2829&forum_id=19

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 2, 2011
        Steven,

        Founder 7mm NG Association member Geoff Hewitt had a very successful electified O-16.5 layout in his garden in Derby for many years - and so far as I am aware, he may still have one.

        He used nickle-silver PECO 'crazy-track' with absolute success.

        O-16.5 in the great outdoors is no more of a problem than say, 'O' Gauge or Gauge '1'......provided you follow all the usual commom-sense rules about electirc railways outdoors.

        - Don Mason
      • ycsr99
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 3, 2011
          A good reference is the Professor of R/C (my name for him,)
          Woodie Greene on the Texas Outlaw On30 group. His layout is
          outdoors year-round. He works with various scales, but
          usually stays with this gauge.

          Just a thought from drought-ridden West Texas,

          Joe

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Don Mason" <maineng@...> wrote:

          > Steven,
          >
          > Founder 7mm NG Association member Geoff Hewitt had a very successful electified O-16.5 layout in his garden in Derby for many years - and so far as I am aware, he may still have one.
          >
          > He used nickle-silver PECO 'crazy-track' with absolute success.
          >
          > O-16.5 in the great outdoors is no more of a problem than say, 'O' Gauge or Gauge '1'......provided you follow all the usual commom-sense rules about electirc railways outdoors.
          >
          > - Don Mason

        • richardj8152
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2011
            Gentlemen

            As this subject has been broached, can anyone recall a William "Bill" Strickland. He had a 7mm NG outdoor line, one of his locomotives being a scratchbuilt Forney. Could somebody point me in the direction of any articles in the model press? It would be in the late 1960s early '70s!!!

            Richard Johnson