Views of Teetering

  • mattjcoleman@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
      Dave,

      Very nice work! Especially the card carriage. I am assuming that these are made of embossed card? If so, you are a master of the art!

      One comment, the view of the station loop looks like something from the USA or Canada. Being from the US but having spent a fair amount of time in the UK, I tend to associate brick and stone structures with the UK and timber-clad buildings with the US. I realize that there are many timber buildings in the UK, including a lot of RR related buildings, but I am guilty of sterotyping in this case. I am intrigued because it looks like you could substitue a Bachman or Grandt Line Porter and some US style freight cars and passenger cars on that same layout and they would look right at home.

      Sort of the ultimate 'convertible' layout.

      Not a criticism, just a comment. The layout is beautiful as are the individual locos and cars.

      Matt Coleman

      From: "Dave Balcombe" <oldgoat@...>
      Subject: New Folder in Files Section

      Just to get things back to "Real" adult stuff, I've stuck a new folder in the Files section. Called "Views of Teetering". You should be able to find it with this:

      There's only 4 pics in there at the moment as I'm just playing around with a borrowed camera.

      HEALTH WARNING - be careful, if I get the bug I might just add some more!

      Regards

      Dave Balcombe UK

    • Dave Balcombe
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2003
        Matt Coleman wrote:

        <Especially the card carriage. I am assuming that these are made of embossed card?>

        Matt, thanks for your kind comments.
        The carriages are made from layers of thin card, mounted onto a thicker backing piece, plus extra added pices for the panels. They were drawn up and printed on the computer - a good way to draw them accurately.
        <I tend to associate brick and stone structures with the UK and timber-clad buildings with the US.>

        Quite a lot of station buildings over here, even the main line ones, have a main, brick (or stone) structure, with wooden additions, especially toilets or storerooms. Usually the basics were considered and the rest only added by public demand at a later time. Also a lot of older country buildings were/are constructed of timber, especially barns, mills and farm outhouses. The station might stand up on an American layout, but the rest of the buildings are a bit too 'English'.

        Regards

        Dave Balcombe UK

        oldgoat@...

        http://www.teetering.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

        Outgoing Emails are automatically checked for viruses