RE: [7mm NGA] Talyllyn bogies

  • Brian
    Message 1 of 14 , Oct 31, 2010
      Steve,
      This website has a number of drawings for the L&B, but it maybe of some
      help.
      <http://www.009.cd2.com/lynton_and_barnstaple_modelling/bibliography.htm>
      <http://www.009.cd2.com/lynton_and_barnstaple_modelling/bibliography.htm>

      Brian Millar
      Driver Trainer/Accessor
      Mackay Sugar Limited
      Qld.Aust.

      _____

      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 1, 2010
        Note that L&B coach bogies have a significantly longer wheelbase than TR bogies, though the wheel diameter is the same as the Mk 3, at 18".

        Other alternatives to consider for use from OO gauge manufacturers: BR B4 bogies, GWR short WB (6') coach bogies, LMS coach bogies. HO scale American coach bogies might also fit, if you can get them as separate items.

        Geoff

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Brian " <rallim56@...> wrote:

        > Steve,
        > This website has a number of drawings for the L&B, but it maybe of some
        > help.
        > <http://www.009.cd2.com/lynton_and_barnstaple_modelling/bibliography.htm>
        > <http://www.009.cd2.com/lynton_and_barnstaple_modelling/bibliography.htm>
        >

        > Brian Millar
        > Driver Trainer/Accessor
        > Mackay Sugar Limited
        > Qld.Aust.
        >

        > _____

      • Phil Traxson
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 1, 2010
          How about some one scratchbuilding the parts for one and I cast them in
          resin, then they will be available to all. I already do L&B and Festiniog
          style.

          Phil Traxson
          Port Wynnstay Models
          Note that L&B coach bogies have a significantly longer wheelbase than TR
          bogies, though the wheel diameter is the same as the Mk 3, at 18".

          Other alternatives to consider for use from OO gauge manufacturers: BR B4
          bogies, GWR short WB (6') coach bogies, LMS coach bogies. HO scale American
          coach bogies might also fit, if you can get them as separate items.

          Geoff

          --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Brian " <rallim56@...> wrote:

          > Steve,
          > This website has a number of drawings for the L&B, but it maybe of some
          > help.

          <http://www.009.cd2.com/lynton_and_barnstaple_modelling/bibliography.htm>

          <http://www.009.cd2.com/lynton_and_barnstaple_modelling/bibliography.htm>

          > Brian Millar
          > Driver Trainer/Accessor
          > Mackay Sugar Limited
          > Qld.Aust.
          >

          > _____

          Association
          > committeeYahoo! Groups Links
          >

          > _____
          >
          > No virus found in this message.

          -----
          No virus found in this message.

          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 1, 2010
            But DON'T assemble your parts.....Phil cast kits!!

            Seriously, this is _the_ best solution, even if only Steve wants enough for a few carriages (which I cannot believe).

            Adrian

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Phil Traxson" <phil@...> wrote:

            > How about some one scratchbuilding the parts for one and I cast them in
            > resin, then they will be available to all. I already do L&B and Festiniog
            > style.
            >
            > Phil Traxson
            > Port Wynnstay Models

          • stephen
            Message 5 of 14 , Nov 13, 2010
              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "adriangrayfr" <adrian@...> wrote:

              > But DON'T assemble your parts.....Phil cast kits!!
              >
              > Seriously, this is _the_ best solution, even if only Steve wants enough for a few carriages (which I cannot believe).
              >
              > Adrian

              Thanks for the leads chaps, I now have several lines of enquiry to pursue. I contacted Worsley Works to see if he had any specific bogie in mind when he developed the kits, but he didn't, however he did suggest the 3' 6" bogies he makes for his South African stock as a possibility, also I see Avalon make bogie kits marketed through the 7mmnga sales, I have not seen these myself and Avalon don't appear to have a website so I have asked for a catalogue. I'd be interested to hear if anyone has had experience of this range.

              Steve