expong

  • stuart
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2010
      hi
      expong was good today, seemed to be better than the last
      couple of years.
      one thing that really needs sorting is the awful catering,
      expensive, not very good, staff unhelpful and snotty.
      would you believe they had no beans, i was told oh
      they havnt arrived. what with a show on and an asda up the road.
      the cafe staff were heard to comment whats the queue for as we
      stretched from the hall back up the stairs to the entrance.

      stuart (lancashire 5hr drive each way)
    • Alan Rogers
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
        Stuart

        I totally agree; GDNGMRS surpassed themselves this year. Three generations
        of my family really enjoyed the show.

        Unfortunately, catering is in the hands of the venue management and, for the
        last ten years, they have consistently underestimated how much food model
        railway modellers can consume. To cap that, the bar no longer sells real
        beer!

        This amazes me because the GDNGMRS are quite aware of how many people they
        need to get through the door to make it worthwhile and I am sure that these
        figures are available to the venue management. Whether they do anything with
        the information is up to them.

        For this reason, I've been self-catering at Expo NG for years.

        Alan

        On 30 October 2010 22:47, stuart <stuart@...> wrote:

        > hi
        > expong was good today, seemed to be better than the last
        > couple of years.
        > one thing that really needs sorting is the awful catering,
        > expensive, not very good, staff unhelpful and snotty.
        > would you believe they had no beans, i was told oh
        > they havnt arrived. what with a show on and an asda up the road.
        > the cafe staff were heard to comment whats the queue for as we
        > stretched from the hall back up the stairs to the entrance.
        >
        > stuart (lancashire 5hr drive each way)

      • Phil Traxson
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
          Alan,
          Not only do they only sell cans of beer but they do not have any glasses to
          put even that in, not even plastic ones to go with the plastic beer. Not
          everyone is into the street alky drinking it out of the can style!
          As to the staff's attitude, thats probably because Saturday is usually the
          time they earn time and a half for putting their feet up for most of the
          day, it's probably one of the few Saturdays when they actually have to work
          for the money.

          Phil T.

          I totally agree; GDNGMRS surpassed themselves this year. Three generations
          of my family really enjoyed the show.

          Unfortunately, catering is in the hands of the venue management and, for the
          last ten years, they have consistently underestimated how much food model
          railway modellers can consume. To cap that, the bar no longer sells real
          beer!

          This amazes me because the GDNGMRS are quite aware of how many people they
          need to get through the door to make it worthwhile and I am sure that these
          figures are available to the venue management. Whether they do anything with
          the information is up to them.

          For this reason, I've been self-catering at Expo NG for years.

          Alan

          On 30 October 2010 22:47, stuart <stuart@...> wrote:

          > hi
          > expong was good today, seemed to be better than the last
          > couple of years.
          > one thing that really needs sorting is the awful catering,
          > expensive, not very good, staff unhelpful and snotty.
          > would you believe they had no beans, i was told oh
          > they havnt arrived. what with a show on and an asda up the road.
          > the cafe staff were heard to comment whats the queue for as we
          > stretched from the hall back up the stairs to the entrance.
          >
          > stuart (lancashire 5hr drive each way)

          -----
          No virus found in this message.
          -----
          No virus found in this message.
          -----
          No virus found in this message.
        • bill2475dw
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
            Nevermind the beer and the food. What about the trains?

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, Alan Rogers <alan@...> wrote:

            > Stuart
            >
            > I totally agree; GDNGMRS surpassed themselves this year. Three generations
            > of my family really enjoyed the show.
            >
            > Unfortunately, catering is in the hands of the venue management and, for the
            > last ten years, they have consistently underestimated how much food model
            > railway modellers can consume. To cap that, the bar no longer sells real
            > beer!
            >
            > This amazes me because the GDNGMRS are quite aware of how many people they
            > need to get through the door to make it worthwhile and I am sure that these
            > figures are available to the venue management. Whether they do anything with
            > the information is up to them.
            >
            > For this reason, I've been self-catering at Expo NG for years.
            >
            > Alan
            >

            > On 30 October 2010 22:47, stuart <stuart@...> wrote:
            >

            > > hi
            > > expong was good today, seemed to be better than the last
            > > couple of years.
            > > one thing that really needs sorting is the awful catering,
            > > expensive, not very good, staff unhelpful and snotty.
            > > would you believe they had no beans, i was told oh
            > > they havnt arrived. what with a show on and an asda up the road.
            > > the cafe staff were heard to comment whats the queue for as we
            > > stretched from the hall back up the stairs to the entrance.
            > >
            > > stuart (lancashire 5hr drive each way)

          • Gerry
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 31, 2010
              I too self cater and as for the trains there's a range of photos here.
              Not up to professional standard - I just point & push!

              http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v244/Gn15/Swanley%202010%20NG%20Show/
              GerryB