Dereham and Crichel

  • James Corsi
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 23 9:51 AM
      Dear Roy,
      I am very sorry I could not attend this meeting, I was travelling down to London for my new job.
      I spoke to Colin French (Foxbile Brewery-FFodos Treacle mine) at Needham Market exhibition the day before. I hope everything went well. The Flying Pigs sound an interesting organisation.
      best wishes,
      James Corsi

    • Vince Bradley
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 23 10:32 AM
        I have included our Cincinnati flying pig marathon. There are flying pig
        statues all over town. No I don't know why. www.flyingpigmarathon.com/
        Vincent Bradley

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23 1:26 PM
          --- On Mon, 23/8/10, James Corsi <jamesmcorsi@...> wrote:
          Dear Roy,

          I am very sorry I could not attend this meeting, I was travelling down to London for my new job.

          I spoke to Colin French (Foxbile Brewery-FFodos Treacle mine) at Needham Market exhibition the day before. I hope everything went well. The Flying Pigs sound an interesting organisation.

          Hello James
          Thanks for that.
          It was a very enjoyable 'different' show. 7mm was the smallest scale on show. There was us and three (I think) standard gauge 7mm layouts - one of which was considerably smaller than Crichel! Gauge 1 was represented by a very good test track and had some extremely nice equipment going round in a very satisfying and convincing manner. Also G gauge and Gauge 3 were also there.

          Crichel was very well received but we were not totally hassle free. It's funny how layouts can perform impeccably for weeks on end and then decide to have a funny turn on exhibition day. Nothing too serious fortunately.

          The Flying Pigs are a very friendly group indeed - the name apparently comes from the nickname of a Great Eastern locomotive.

          What made it even nicer was that we were just a few hundred yards from the Mid Norfolk Railway. Indeed the parking for exhibitors was at the station. I hadn't come across this railway before but it proved to be a very impressive standard gauge setup.

          Good luck with the new job.
          kind regards
          Roy Wood