Re: Threlkeld Mining Quarrying Museum.

  • nigelauckland
    Message 1 of 14 , Jul 13, 2010
      I went there in 2008, and enjoyed it very much. There is an underground tour, which is fascinating.

      There were at least two large drag lines there, and other cranes etc.

      There is a machine shed in which there was a Narrow Gauge Loco and other equipment. There was some track laid outside.

      You can also pan in the stream

      I enjoyed the visit, and would go again.

      Hope this helps somewhat.

      Nigel

      Message 2 of 14 , Jul 13, 2010
        Thanks Nigel,

        It would seem a worthwhile trip as I understand the train now runs.

      • Gary Cox
        Message 3 of 14 , Jul 13, 2010
          Hi Frank

          I have not been myself but a friend has and he was very impressed. As a
          result of seeing his photos I will be there a week on Saturday - nearly 300
          miles one way from Dorset! I was at Amberley last weekend and was
          recommended to visit by the guys driving the 10" gauge industrial steam loco

          Regards

          Gary

          _____

        • nick.pidgley@btinternet.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jul 14, 2010
            I would recommend a trip there too, Sirtom is now running and the trip up to the top of a slag heap is well worth the £3.00, never been on a 2ft run were they have used the continus breaking down the hill.
            I think I went with the guy that would have recommended it, was he outside driving a small blue loco at amberley?

            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Frank Sharp" <robertfairlie@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Nigel,
            >

            > It would seem a worthwhile trip as I understand the train now runs.
            >

            > Frank

          • Roy Wood
            Message 5 of 14 , Aug 21 4:04 AM
              Just a quick word to say that Crichel will be at this show tomorrow. Please come and say hello if you are attending.
              Full details are of the Association website: www.alsrm.org.uk
              regards
              Roy Wood

            • Roy Wood
              Message 6 of 14 , Aug 21 4:06 AM
                Hello all
                Just thought I ought to mention that Crichel will be appearing at this show tomorrow. Full details are on the ASLRM website