Re: New member

  • railbaronofleeds
    Message 1 of 49 , Apr 13, 2010
      Doug,
      You might also like to check in at the 0n30 line at:
      http://www.railroad-line.com/ I see a certain 7mm NGA clique have recently joined, Good to see you there, Howard et al!
      and being slightly biased as I'm a co-moderator, check out:
      David(UK)
      0n30 Rail Baron of Leeds

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Scott" <uglyish@...> wrote:

      > Hi Brian - thanks for the advice and welcome. Great minds think alike as I've already joined the Conspirators so I'm probably on the right track, then? I'm picking up tips from them immediately just by browsing past postings and reckon I'll be asking questions on DCC issues in due course. I've joined a couple of DCC forums and will look at On30 DCC as well, thanks.
      > Doug
      >
      > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Brian" <bdurell@> wrote:
      > >

      > > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Doug Scott" <uglyish@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hello all - I'm moving from 009 to On30 to accommodate waning vision and dexterity I'm starting to investigate USA/Australian/S.American logging/mining/industrial ideas (see how confused I am!) and in due course will have plenty of requests for help. I'll also be entering the world of DCC for the first time with some trepidation.
      > > > Doug
      > > >

      > > Welcome aboard, Doug --
      > >
      > > Further to Frank's suggestions, you might consider joining the On30 Conspiracy group here on Yahoo. (Don't let the name put you off.) This is a very active group and you will get a lot of help there. Frank participates as do others in the UK. Most of the members are in North Amercia but some very active folks on the list are in OZ and NZ. Many, but not all, Conspirators are mainly interested in logging modelling.
      > >
      > > Another possibility is the On30 DCC group. It is only active when someone has a direct question to ask. When that happens, someone with just the right knowledge and experience can be expected to reply ( -- well, usually.)
      > >
      > > Hope this helps,
      > >
      > > -- Brian
      > >
      > > Brian Durell
      > > Bloomfield, ON, Canada

    • David Bean
      Message 49 of 49 , Nov 28, 2011
        Howard, Many thanks, I would love to come and let you two bore me to tears:-) but I don't get that far afield these days. Perhaps you will be exhibiting somewhat closer to home one day. I have seen the layout in the Continental Modeller and very impressive it is too. Regards,Dave

        .

        ExternalClassecxygrp-mkpd8d8d8;font-family:Arial;padding:010pxExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpecxads10pxExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassecxygrp-mkpExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClass10px10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassff7900ExternalClassecxunderlineExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassecxdiv#ygrp-mlmsgecxygrp-msg10pxExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClasssize:77ExternalClasssize:77ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClasstextareafont:99ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass10pxExternalClassExternalClassecxygrp-msgExternalClassecxygrp-msgExternalClassff7900ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClasssize:77ExternalClassExternalClassExternalClassExternalClass