Re: [7mm NGA] Digest Number 2662

  • Howard Clarke
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 31, 2009
      The 7mm Narrow Gauge AssociationNot 100% sure about using Nitromors but I have stripped some of my early paint jobs on whitemetal locos when my tar brush was bigger than it is now, if like me some of my early assembles were done with Araldite you could end up with a 'clean' kit again, all I can suggest is try a little area and see what results you get.
      Happy Modelling New Year to all
      Howard
      From: stephenjhowe@...

      Date: 31/12/2009 11:01

      To: <7mmnga@yahoogroups.com>

      Subj: [7mm NGA] Re: Stripping and lining Digest 2661

      Thanks for the tipoff Howard, do you know if ordnary Nitromors is safe on whitemetal? it occurred to me that this is a gloopy paste rather than liquid, which would probably stick to surfaces quite well. My only experience of it has been stripping household paint.

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Howard Clarke" <clarke@...> wrote:

      > Stephen you say your coaches are brass and whitemetal, then do NOT use Model Strip on whitemetal areas, it attacks whitemetal viciously.

      > Peter - If you want easy lining use Pressfix lining available from Historical Model Railway Society, takes a little time and patience but much easier than mucking about with a pen or brush.

      > Regards

      > Howard 215

      2009: A year in review - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/2009

      Messages in this topic (3) Recent Activity
      Visit Your Group
      Yahoo! News
      Fashion News

      What's the word on

      fashion and style?

      Drive Traffic
      Sponsored Search

      can help increase

      your site traffic.

      Group Charity
      Give a laptop

      Get a laptop: One

      laptop per child

      Need to Reply?
      1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in 7mm:1ft scale or thereabouts
      2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
      3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association committee
      MARKETPLACE
      Going Green: Your Yahoo! Groups resource for green living

      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
        Firstly, best wishes to all for 2010.

        I've been having a quick look on e-bay, searching 'narrow gauge' in all
        categories. There's a post card for sale, goes just after 7 pm tomorrow
        night. The only caption is one and a half miles (up the line?). It shows a
        loco and a single (bogie) coach on an arch bridge. Can anyone place the
        railway?

      • Paul Martin
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
          Snowdon Mountain Rly

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2010
            Thanks Paul,

            It's one railway I've never visited, though have seen the trains going up
            from Glanrafon Quarry a few years ago,

            If you can see the trains, it's going to rain, if you can't it is raining.