RE: [7mm NGA] Tal-y-llyn Brake van

    Message 1 of 103 , Sep 6, 2009
      In 14mm ?

      Frank

      _____

      From: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com [mailto:7mmnga@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      heatonwood
      Sent: 06 September 2009 16:35
      To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [7mm NGA] Tal-y-llyn Brake van

      Hi both

      I have watched this with interest as I was about to scratchbuild one - any
      more out there????
      Paul Holmes

      ,_._,___

    • Peter Hingley
      Message 103 of 103 , Sep 25, 2009
        Dear All,

        Sorry if my first message was unclear. I did not mean to
        say there was anything wrong with Slaters kits, far from it, I have
        made lots of them many lettered with unpronounceable Welsh names
        (!) ; in many cases I have modified the strapping to match the
        prototype photos. However in the specific case of the Lant wagon the
        proportions of the body seemed different (shallower) from the 5
        plank kit. Thanks to another helpful poster I realise the
        POWsides 5 plank kit looks pretty well spot on and I shall certainly
        follow up the suggestion of contacting Mr Basten of Dragon models ;
        the Lant lettering is tapered so HMRS lettering could not be used
        and it would be an absolute devil to paint !

        Thanks again for all the help

        Peter D Hingley