Brass Nameplates

  • Frank Savery
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
      Hi all,
      I wonder If anyone can recomend anyone doing etched brass Ong plates these days, please.

      I want "The Earl" and "Countess" for 2 anglicised Bachmann Porters. Keykits list "The Earl" but ones no good without the other.

      Does Dorset Models include nameplates with his W&L kits, I wonder. If so maybe he'd sell them seperatly.

      Thanx,
      Frank Savery,
      in beautiful Tasmania
      "Love This Place"

    • Peter Hingley
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
        I have found 'GUILPLATES' of Guildford very helpful and
        reasonable priced.

        Peter D Hingley

        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
          AND extraordinarily quick. The plates for my Little Wonder were delivered in under 2 weeks and that was including the artwork as they did not have them in the range. If you look closely at the photo, he even put the row of rivets through the plates - fireman side only as per prototype.

          Paul

        • stephenjhowe@btinternet.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
            --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@...> wrote:

            > AND extraordinarily quick. The plates for my Little Wonder were delivered in under 2 weeks and that was including the artwork as they did not have them in the range. If you look closely at the photo, he even put the row of rivets through the plates - fireman side only as per prototype.

            > Paul
            >

            > Great model Paul, can you tell me who makes the figures?

            Steve
            www.hvr.org.uk
          • Paul Holmes
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
              Thanks The driver and fireman are Phoenix ( S and D models) and Robert Fairlie himself is by A C Stadden Ebay No 360155138503

              Paul

              --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "stephenjhowe@..." <stephenjhowe@...> wrote:

              > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@> wrote:
              > >
              > > AND extraordinarily quick. The plates for my Little Wonder were delivered in under 2 weeks and that was including the artwork as they did not have them in the range. If you look closely at the photo, he even put the row of rivets through the plates - fireman side only as per prototype.

              > > Paul
              > >

              > > Great model Paul, can you tell me who makes the figures?
              >
              > Steve
              > www.hvr.org.uk

            • ianj0trains
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 9, 2009
                Hi Paul,

                That really is a stunning model, photos of locos like this and John Clutterbucks model of K1 are inspirational to myself and others who will probably never get to see them "in the flesh."

                thanks

                Ian J
                Melb, Aust.

                > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holmes" <heatonwood@> wrote:
                > >
                > > AND extraordinarily quick. The plates for my Little Wonder were delivered in under 2 weeks and that was including the artwork as they did not have them in the range. If you look closely at the photo, he even put the row of rivets through the plates - fireman side only as per prototype.

                > > Paul
              • Paul Holmes
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 10, 2009
                  Thanks Ian

                  Once the layout is screwed back together again after the Porthmadog show ( still in bits in the basement I am afraid) then I will try and get some video shot and onto Utube so that you can see the smoke and hear the sound. There is still a bit of decoder programming to be redone first as well. Paul