more trouble

  • robert fallis
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2001
      dear all,
        I've built my track work and got it nailed down, wired O.K., I'm now in the process of making everything run smooth and I've got this point (turnout) that just will not work, the engine goes over perfectly when the turnout is set stright, but when set to turn it just derails, I've spent a hour and a half adjusting it this afternoon, does anyone have any idea's? where to go from here?
      thanks Bob Fallis
    • Steve Cooper
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2001
        Hi robert,
                    could be a number of things but assuming all the gaps, gauges etc are ok I would try playing with the check rail gap as this somtimes works for me, remember in this type of point the check rail actually works.
                    failing that have you tried a different loco, I once built a point that was OK but one loco in one direction fell off and I did not cure it untill I gave the loco wheels extra side play.
              hopr this helps, all the best
                                                     Steve
          I've built my track work and got it nailed down, wired O.K., I'm now in the process of making everything run smooth and I've got this point (turnout) that just will not work, the engine goes over perfectly when the turnout is set stright, but when set to turn it just derails, I've spent a hour and a half adjusting it this afternoon, does anyone have any idea's? where to go from here?
        thanks Bob Fallis

      • Martin Coombs
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2001
          Check the length of your check rail, it must start acting on the wheels before they reach the frog.

          Martin