New Look Narrow Lines

  • Alan Rogers
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
      Returning home from work this evening to find my first Narrow Lines of the
      New Year sitting on the mat was wonderful indeed. On opening the envelope, I
      find that our esteemed Editor has taken it upon himself, with Committee
      approval I hasten to add, to revamp the style.

      Bravo say I. It takes a brave man to alter the Status Quo, whether or not
      you like their music. I'm not a subscriber to the "Ain't broke, don't fix
      it" school and I have to say that I like the new look. I'm looking forward
      to receiving the next one with colour adverts on the rear.

      We get a professional service for our subscription and all delivered by
      volunteers. I wanted to be among the first to say a hearty "Thank you and
      well done".

      Alan Rogers
      DreamGenius on the WWW
      Thin Controller on the SHIRly
    • Andrew Young
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003
        Alan,

        I agree that the new style is good, I'd also like to say that I'm also
        looking forward to the next issue, if only to see the photos which should
        have been on page 7 of this issue:-)

        It is unfortunate that there isn't a layout article to lead the issue,
        though this is hardly the editors fault as the editor can only publish what
        is sent (I edit a volunteers rag for the preserved line I'm involved with).
        Though it would be nice if more layouts which were featured in the magazine
        could be built to be portable, as I for one would love to see them "in the
        flesh" at the convention, rather than just see photos.

        Many thanks for another super magazine,

        Andy
        > Returning home from work this evening to find my first Narrow Lines of the
        > New Year sitting on the mat was wonderful indeed. On opening the envelope,
        > find that our esteemed Editor has taken it upon himself, with Committee
        > approval I hasten to add, to revamp the style.
        >
        > Bravo say I. It takes a brave man to alter the Status Quo, whether or not
        > you like their music. I'm not a subscriber to the "Ain't broke, don't fix
        > it" school and I have to say that I like the new look. I'm looking forward
        > to receiving the next one with colour adverts on the rear.
        >
        > We get a professional service for our subscription and all delivered by
        > volunteers. I wanted to be among the first to say a hearty "Thank you and
        > well done".
        >
        > Alan Rogers
        > DreamGenius on the WWW
        > Thin Controller on the SHIRly

      • howardmartin
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2003
          Dear All

          Today we have been advised by Beeprint that the glitch with the photo's on
          Page 7 was caused by a software problem at their end. Our Editor's original
          copy was ok.

          Beeprint have now fixed the problem so the next NL should be ok.

          Howard Martin
          Chairman

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/