howard clarke

  • Stuart Edmundson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 22, 2003
      howard clarke
      howard if you are on this list how about posting your article on fixing new
      pickups to the bachmann 0-4-0 porter to the files section, also on the on30
      conspiracy group as well. if howard isnt on here can somebody contact him to
      see ifts possible. a lot of people are having problems with the springy
      things
      stuart
      www.on30.co.uk
    • Alan Rogers
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 22, 2003
        Stuart

        Association members can always get a copy of the article from the
        Association Archivist (archives@...) and avoid the copyright
        issue. Of course, if the author chooses to post the article, copyright
        probably isn't an issue but I'm not sure of the finer points of this. Maybe
        our esteemed editor has something to add? It would be a shame for members
        not to take full advantage of their Association membership by not using the
        facilities on offer ...

        Alan Rogers
        DreamGenius on the WWW
        Thin Controller on the SHIRly
      • Stuart Edmundson
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 22, 2003
          hi alan
          i wondered about that as well thats why i asked for howard. its not me that
          needs the info i have the issue 130. it was brought up on the on30
          conspiracy. i was just trying to help others
          stuart

          > Stuart
          >
          > Association members can always get a copy of the article from the
          > Association Archivist (archives@...) and avoid the copyright
          > issue. Of course, if the author chooses to post the article, copyright
          > probably isn't an issue but I'm not sure of the finer points of this.
          Maybe
          > our esteemed editor has something to add? It would be a shame for members
          > not to take full advantage of their Association membership by not using
          the
          > facilities on offer ...
        • David Leslie Taylor
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 23, 2003
            You could always suggest that they join! Drawing
            attention to the available information is another way of
            promoting the Association.
            Dave.

            On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:42:09 -0000 Stuart Edmundson
            <stuart@...> wrote:

            > hi alan
            > i wondered about that as well thats why i asked for howard. its not me that
            > needs the info i have the issue 130. it was brought up on the on30
            > conspiracy. i was just trying to help others
            > stuart
            >

            > > Stuart
            > >
            > > Association members can always get a copy of the article from the
            > > Association Archivist (archives@...) and avoid the copyright
            > > issue. Of course, if the author chooses to post the article, copyright
            > > probably isn't an issue but I'm not sure of the finer points of this.
            > Maybe
            > > our esteemed editor has something to add? It would be a shame for members
            > > not to take full advantage of their Association membership by not using
            > the
            > > facilities on offer ...

            ----------------------
            David Leslie Taylor
            University of Exeter
          • Brian Fayle
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 24, 2003
              Stuart

              Whilst I am still registered on the 0n30Conspirancy I haven't been there for
              a while so was unaware that anyone was looking for that info. It is back
              there in the Conspiracy files probably about two years ago, maybe 18 months.
              Been there, done that! The last thing you come across as you dissemble the
              0-4-0 Porter is access to the pickups! Replacement springs are Kadee small
              coupler ones. Which remind me, one of my Anglo-Porters refused to work at a
              show last weekend. Must remember to have a look. It probably just needs a
              good cleanup! If a plunger is malfunctioning I shall not be happy!

              Brian

              Message: 1
              > Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 22:24:13 -0000
              > From: "Stuart Edmundson" <stuart@...>
              > Subject: howard clarke
              >
              > howard clarke
              > howard if you are on this list how about posting your article on fixing new
              > pickups to the bachmann 0-4-0 porter to the files section, also on the on30
              > conspiracy group as well. if howard isnt on here can somebody contact him to
              > see ifts possible. a lot of people are having problems with the springy
              > things
              > stuart
              > www.on30.co.uk
            • Stuart Edmundson
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 24, 2003
                hi brian
                its the replacing those springs and how to do it that was the problem (not
                for me as yet tho)
                howard made new wire type pickups for his that does away with the springs.i
                have the info along with a lot of the 7mm nga members but didnt want to post
                it to the files without permission.(its in narrow lines 130)
                stuart

                > Stuart
                >
                > Whilst I am still registered on the 0n30Conspirancy I haven't been there
                for
                > a while so was unaware that anyone was looking for that info. It is back
                > there in the Conspiracy files probably about two years ago, maybe 18
                months.
                > Been there, done that! The last thing you come across as you dissemble the
                > 0-4-0 Porter is access to the pickups! Replacement springs are Kadee small
                > coupler ones. Which remind me, one of my Anglo-Porters refused to work at
                > show last weekend. Must remember to have a look. It probably just needs a
                > good cleanup! If a plunger is malfunctioning I shall not be happy!
              • John & Terri
                Message 7 of 7 , Dec 18, 2013
                  Since I joined the Assoc. over 30 years, ago Howard was my only UK contact ref. anything Narrow gauge or 7mm ng modelling. Seemingly, every problem I threw at him he knew, or quickly found out the answer to.  I once asked him who made a whitemetal  model of a particular breed of dog. His reply was typical of Howard ‘Had one of those, found it, posted it to you. I am only grateful that during my recent trip back to the UK, my first in nearly 40 years I had the chance, along with my colleague John Watts, to have an all too short visit to Christine and Howards home.  John S White (122)