Re: 0-9 advise required

  • Brian Fayle
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 5, 2003
      Kevin

      Forget the O & K. It looks absolutely gorgeous but the Bachman N Dockside
      switcher mechanism is useless and the loco is not big enough to get any
      significant weight into it. Maybe Steve has another power unit in mind but I
      doubt it.

      It is vital that track be perfect and wheels and track clean. I also found
      out that Pentrollers produce wonderful running. These are feedback type
      controllers that do not heat up ordinary motors (Thank you Steve!) I can
      vouch for that as my Avalon tram powered by a Farrish 0-0-0PT mechanism will
      run all day at a show. Ordinary controllers almost made me give up 09!

      I use the small DG couplings in a non-automatic form. Fiddly but they do
      hold things together.

      Brian Fayle
      Puslinch ON