RE: [7mm NGA] mixed gauge crossing

  • David & Crenagh
    Message 1 of 58 , Nov 30, 2008
      Me too, I found it under 'New Photos' on the 7mm Yahoo forum.

      David Elliott

      Victoria BC Canada

      _____

      Message 58 of 58 , Dec 9, 2008
        Hello Kelvin,

        The coach is a complete mess I'm afraid. I aproximated it from a
        photograph downloaded from IRFCA so it's 6mm too short. It also runs
        on Bachman wagon bogies which aren't correct. Add to that the fact
        that the plasticard has warped and it's only fit for scrap really.

        I will get in touch with Ken. Can you send his email again off-list?
        The forum software automatically removes anything after the 'at' sign.

        The etches were intended to be a private thing for myself after
        realising that was the best way to produce the number of coaches I
        need and my lack of skill with plasticard (especially with many
        square windows). I certainly don't intend to make a commercial
        venture out of it, but I am prepared to do a few extra if anyone is
        interested in picking the cost of an individual etch up.

        I traced the Bagnall drawing directly from a copy of the original
        works drawing and reduced it to correct size via a photocopier. As
        often happens, I found out about the study group drawing after
        completing it! It would be interesting to compare the two drawings
        sometime though.

        Regards,

        Paul.

        --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Kelvin A. White" <kelvin@...> wrote:

        > Hello Paul
        >
        > The coach looks OK, but I would like more detail before financially
        supporting the project....I presume you are aware that Ken got Allen
        Doherty (Worsley Works) to make etched brass chassis for these
        coaches in 4mm Scale.

        > Ken's webb site is here http://home.acenet.net.au/kjw-
        meh/MolsnWhy.htm
        > which describes his 4mm Barfi Light Railway layout. As you are
        proposing to base your your artwork on Ken's CM drawings it might be
        polite to ask his for his blessing - he can be contacted at kjw-
        meh@... Also check if he still thinks the drawings are correct.

        > Re your CS class 2-4-0T chassis - are you using the drawings I
        published in the Indian Railway Study Group Newsletter so many, many
        years ago? These locos have always been a favourite - somewhere
        there is a commercial video of these locos bouncing their way across
        typical rough Indian NG track.

        > When I disbanded the IRSG (due to work presures) I gave all of the
        publications to BORHT - who make them available - see
        > http://users.breathe.com/pwa/borht/irsg.htm
        >
        > Best regards
        >
        > Kelvin White
        > Former IRSG Editor / Publisher
        > Oxford, England
        >
        > Email: kelvin@...
        >

        > >>1a. Re: OT. Indian NG - An old friend re-emerges
        > Posted by: "Paul Davies" paul.r.davies@... paulrdavies2003
        > Date: Sat Dec 6, 2008 12:12 pm ((PST))
        >
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I'm heavily into Indian 2'6" in 7mm scale as Kelvn already knows.
        > From this end there's always been the problem of getting accurate
        > prototype info and measurements, and seeing as I'm not going to get
        > to India anytime soon due to a young family, any information would
        be
        > gratefully received.
        >
        > For my part, I have obtained a copy of Ken Walker's article on
        > standard 34'6" stock, re-sized them and am going to do some artwork
        > to get etches done for my own private use. This followsa really
        awful
        > approximation in plasticard. If they come to fruition I could
        probably
        > do a few extra while I'm at it.
        >
        > I have uploaded a couple of photos into a new folder called Indian
        NG