Re: [7mmnga] new member

  • David Leslie Taylor
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 14, 2002
      Hi John,
      I too, use N gauge ballast, from Greenscene.
      Sorry, I meant to check the numbers, but the main one I use
      is a grey-brown-ish colour, which stays that colour when
      soaked in glue (just goes a bit darker). I mix in other
      colours, plus a bit of sawdust and grey flock, to make it
      look old and a bit tatty.
      Take care with what is sold as "granite" ballast,
      it looks the right grey colour in the packet, but takes on
      a blue-ish tinge when soaked in glue.
      There was a long discussion on this site about
      ballasting a few months ago, which may be accessible from
      the website archive.
      Dave.T

      On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 18:21:56 -0000 howardmartin
      <howardmartin@...> wrote:

      > John
      >
      > I use N gauge ballast. Everything else is too chunky
      >
      > Howard

      ----------------------
      David Leslie Taylor
      University of Exeter
    • P-J Sanders
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 30, 2007
        hello Peter
        I am another peter j, but normally refered to as P-J Sanders and am a
        Junior member (the!). Im glad to see another member of the commity is
        now online! anyway i am a ready contributor when needed which reminds
        me to send those photos off to mike for Narrow Lines!
        welcome from P-J