5519Re: W.D. Bogie Water Tank (H)

  • charles schuster
    Dec 1, 2005
      Adrian and All,
      Good Evening!
      Thanks for that briefing on the "H", I already have the Wrightlines
      bogies and under-frame awaiting the tank.
      Did the tank sit on the under-frame or was there a wood deck
      What colours (Humbrol, or similar) can be used on the Class "H" WW1
      camouflage scheme?
      Any information will be most useful.
      Chaz from Oz.

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "adriangrayfr" <adrian@p...> wrote:
      > --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "charles schuster"
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Brian, and All!
      > > The kit is listed on the Mercian site but has no picture, yet,
      and is
      > > just a brief entry with cataloge number on the right hand side of
      > > page - very easy to miss!
      > > Chazz from Oz.
      > > BTW what issue of NG&IR has the Class "H" Water Tank and plan?
      > >
      > The Mercian catalogue may have no picture at present because the
      > 7mm scale version of this kit that has been built so far (as far as
      > know) is the test/proving etch built by me, together with the
      > Wrightlines underframe a good few montha ago!
      > As drawn for 4mm scale the etch included bits that didn't work in
      > including etched fabrications for the tank fillers - it is a a
      > of my build that Trevor has gone for casting for these items in the
      > scale kit.
      > I can confirm that Frank will take all night to press the rivets on
      > body - but care and patience are essential to get a good looking
      > I'll be tidying up the notes I wrote for Trevor to form a review
      > Narrow Lines and I'll put a precis here when I've done that.
      > At present I'll just say that the kit will make an excellent model
      > these distinctive vehicles.
      > If I can get some reasonable digital photos I'll post those, too.
      > Adrian
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic