17391Re: [7mm NGA] For all NG Enthusiasts to enjoy
- Feb 14, 2014The L&B originally had 16 coaches - all built in Bristol in 1897. No 17, built in Barnstaple joined the fleet in 1911. The line closed in 1935 and most of the stock was unceremoniously scrapped. It is pretty amazing then, that Coaches 7, 17 and 16 - soon to be followed by No 11 - are now fully restored and operating at Woody Bay, with two more (No 14 - now much modified as FR No. 15) and No. 2 - owned by the NRM (albeit unrestored - and likely to remain so)) still extant. The L&B has parts of several others in storage, and Coach No. 4 may well be the next to be restored (no date for that yet - there are plenty of other calls on L&B resources at present!). That will be seven of the 17 still in existence and six in use - not bad after almost 80 years! Updates on the Heritage Coach restorations appear on the L&B website, http://lynton-rail.co.uk.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>