  • stephen
    Feb 8, 2014
      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, <grant.mcadam@...> wrote:

      > The following sites have 1:48 ivy.
      >
      > http://www.tasca-modellismo.com/english/item4.html
      >
      > http://sdk.miniature.net/ivyvine.htm
      >
      > Regards,
      > Grant McAdam

      The laser cut and etched foliage always looks very tempting apart from the price, but to my mind is just a bit too perfect.

      I find for leaf foliage like ivy and certain large leaved trees, you need a texture that is somehow 'flaky'. I did some tests a while back using dried herbs (parsley, basil and sage) and found that parsley had about the right size and variation. For ivy I would try adhering it to a mesh - perhaps the green scouring pad stuff well teased out. Spray this with Craftmount spray adhesive and sprinkle liberally with dried herb. Don't rely on the natural looking green of the dried material because it will quickly fade to a dirty brown. Spray with matt enamel paints and when dry tease out a bit more and stick to the wall.

      Steve

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic