      From: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com [mailto:7mmnga@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of
      stephen
      Sent: 23 August 2013 23:43
      To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [7mm NGA] Brass handrails

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com <mailto:7mmnga%40yahoogroups.com> ,
      "adriangrayfr" <adrian@...> wrote:

      > My memory of using Pyruma was that it was slightly coarser than DAS but,
      if Allan Downes says it's the same I'm not going to argue!

      I'm not sure that's correct, Allan Downes or no.... fire cement is a mineral
      based compound with a definite sandy texture and sets like rock. DAS on the
      other hand is a softer and much finer material made (I believe) from pulped
      paper with a mineral additive - possibly china clay as it has a high mica
      content and what might be gum arabic as a binder. When it dries it has the
      same properties as watercolour paper or card which is why it is so useful
      when using watercolour for modelling stone and brickwork. It is definitely
      not as hard as fire cement and I would question its heat retardant
      properties.

      Steve

      _____

      No virus found in this message.