16910Re: [7mm NGA] Re: Getting to Burton.

  • Andrew Young
    Jun 2, 2013
      On Jun 1, 2013, at 13:31, "cp" <cp@...> wrote:
      > On the Association web-site the statement -
      >
      > "The Association will be launching a revised and improved `Going Minimum Gauge' handbook at the Convention so we have included a few more 09 layouts to accompany this."
      >
      > - continues to be displayed.
      >
      > As the launch of the new Handbook will not now take place on 8 June 2013 would it not be a good idea to both amend this notice and state on the discussion group the change of plan? This might avoid confusion, embarrassment, and possible disappointment on the day.

      Christopher,

      Thank you for pointing this out, I'd missed that and have requested that the webmaster modify it accordingly.

      I've had nothing to do with producing the new handbook apart from writing an article for it so am not privvy to when the book will be published.

      Suffice to say for the benefit of members on this egroup, whilst it is disappointing that the new book will not now be launched at the Convention due to undoreseen production delays, there will still be the large number of 09 and other layouts such as The End of the Line and the Whiteoak Tramway (as two I can remember off the top of my head!) so still plenty to enjoy.

      Cheers,
      Andrew