14672[7mm NGA] Re: WLLR Book Review

  • ianj0trains
    Apr 3, 2011
      Hi,

      Quality always outlasts memory of the price though.

      The standard of that publication, or The Spooner Album, are obvious every time I pick them up, but I've no idea now what they cost me. Or for that matter what I paid for the Wild Swan books on the Ashover or Talyllyn, which I also much value.

      Re which railway is due for a "top shelf" book next, sure it has to be the Festiniog ? I've original editions of Vol 1 and 2 of Boyds, but the amount of information that has come to light since he published those surely would justify a book to the standard of the L&M one ?

      Cheers

      Ian J

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Hingley" <pdh@...> wrote:

      > The L&M book is also quite staggeringly expensive, perhaps
      > in part due to the un necessary use of colour printing, which
      > is why (much though I love the legend of the L&M and that beautiful
      > part of Staffordshire) I have not yet bought a copy !
      >

      > PDH

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic