13662Re: [7mm NGA] Sierra Leone Hunslet 2-6-2T Kitm (& Dougal)

  • ianj0trains
    May 1, 2010
      Hi Stephen,

      This intrigues me as I wasn't aware Wrightlines ever released this loco as a whitemetal body, in fact I'm pretty positive they didn't. The only 0-16.5mm model I'm aware of was the Vulcan kit, later sold by others, which was all etched brass. I've two of these, and while the chassis is not easy to put together, it's certainly a better design than several others have been. A fair number of these I think were fitted to Lima 08 chassis as people didn't feel confident to build the brass one, hence (I suspect) the occaisional inference that it was sold as a "body only" kit.

      I've no idea who has the phototools and casting patterns for that kit now, but Adrian Swain would probably be as likely a person to have them as anyone, so is this chassis to be designed by Kevin Trim for a whitemetal body, or a replacement chassis for the etched brass one ?

      Ian J
      Melb, Aust

      --- In 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com, stephen howe <stephenjhowe@...> wrote:
      > Tim
      > There may be a glimmer of hope on this particular horizon, talking to Adrian Swain at Shepton he told me he was working with Kevin Trim of Dorset Kits to develop a chassis kit for his whitemetal (Wrightlines) body kit. Kevin corroborated this but said he would not be able to start work on the kit design until early this summer. Given the superb etchings he produced for his Welshpool loco, it is to be hoped this plan comes to fruition. I for one want at least one Sierra Leone loco as do, I suspect many more, perhaps concerted gentle pressure on both manufacturers might help it along?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic