      From: John Dennis
      To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:53 AM
      Subject: Re: [7mm NGA] Couplings

      Thanks Steve,

      I see on http://www.modelsignals.com that both 4mm and 7mm couplings
      are 8mm wide. Even in On30 that seems a fairly wide coupling - it's
      almost half the gauge (indeed, wider than half the prototype's gauge
      of 2'). I think I might have to modify my drawings so they have a DG
      attached so I can try and visualize their appearance.

      John

      On Tue, 6 Apr 2010 10:08:12 +0100, "Steve Bennett"
      <steveblackdog@...> wrote:

      >Hi John
      >The only difference between the 4mm and 7mm scale versions, is the thickness of the brass they are etched from. I would recommend the 7mm as they are more robust.
      >
      >There is no need to form an actual curve on the buffing plate, just a slight bend back on the sides is all that is needed. You would need extremely tight curves to need anything more than that, the loop would come uncoupled long before you got that tight.
      >
      >Steve Bennett

      John Dennis jdennis@...
      Melbourne,Australia Home of the HOn30 Dutton Bay Tramway
      and the Australian Narrow Gauge Web-Exhibition Gallery
      Dutton Bay URL: http://members.optusnet.com.au/duttonbay
      WebX http://members.optusnet.com.au/jdennis/ng_webex.html