13146The late Mr John Strong's Ravenglass and Eskdale layout [Scanned]

  • Peter Hingley
    Feb 5, 2010
      Dear List members,

      I am currently trying to resuscitate a project
      which I actually started many years ago.

      The late Mr John Strong, of Chatham, an active member of the East
      Kent 0 Gauge Group which I started in 1986, built a very nice
      7 mm scale layout of the 'Ratty' running on N gauge track which I
      believe was exhibited at Ravenglass at least once. I agreed with
      John that I would take some colour slides of his layout with the
      intention that they would be submitted to the Gauge 0 Guild as a
      possible slide set. Unfortunately they were not thought to be
      good enough and were rejected. However some of them WERE reproduced
      in 'glorious grey and gray' in 'Narrow Lines'.

      I still have the slides and have briefly discussed with the current
      Guild the possibility of re doing this programme as a CD based
      show. This would also act as a memorial to a highly skilled
      modeller. Unfortunately (in a way) my photos concentrated on John's
      excellent scenic modelling and wealth of local detail with less
      photos of the locos and stock.

      Therefore does anybody 'happen' to know what happened to John's
      locos, stock and any parts of the layout, or does anybody have
      contact details for any relative of his ?

      Thanks for any assistance whatever you can render !

      Peter D Hingley