      From: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com [mailto:7mmnga@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of David Hughes
      Sent: 01 February 2010 21:36
      To: 7mmnga@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [7mm NGA] NG&I Review (was Re: 0-4-2 chassis)

      Like Frank my Review arrived Saturday, although 'distaff side' didn't tell me until last night. Penance for my attending Southampton show no doubt!

      Another great edition, and David T has me drooling for details of his level crossing mechanism for Bridport. I keep threatening to build Rolle Quay which has both the L&B crossings as per his description. I've given up on devising a single set of gears per crossing, and 8 motors in total at 1 per gate would be an expensive option. So I guess I'll be looking at wire-in-tube with stops.

      BTW if Roy is looking in on this, I have a scan of a hand-tinted postcard of Cabourg (CF de Calvados) which shows that the artists weren't always aware of what they were colouring in: could be an interesting coda to Tim Shackleton's article.

      David H

      #1603, Wiltshire UK

      "NG&IRMR [...] arrived today"

      1 - for people interested in modelling narrow gauge railways in 7mm:1ft scale or thereabouts
      2 - not restricted to members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association although membership of said organisation is thoroughly recommended
      3 - moderated by current serving members of the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association committeeYahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 24 messages in this topic