Record For Trade

  • drjazz78@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Aug 1, 2004
      Hi Everyone,

      I have the following record for trade; this is a rare one! I'm looking
      for late Vocalion 15000 series hot dance, Gennett, Broadway, etc. Please
      contact me off-list.

      For trade:

      Champion 16606--The Thirteen Co-Eds: Stormy Weather/Falling Star Condition
      E+ This is a dance band with good muted trumpet Super rare black label
      Champion!

      Doug

      DrJazz78@...

      "Modo et modo non habebant modum.'' (By and by never comes.) - St. Augustine
      (A.D.354-A.D.430).

    • drjazz78@aol.com
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 16 10:07 PM
        Greetings Everybody,

        I am offering the following record for trade. My wants are jazz and hot
        dance, 1923-34..Please reply off-list.

        Champion 16606 (black label) -The Thirteen Co-Eds: "Stormy
        Weather"/"Falling Star"....E+

        I have never heard of another copy of this obscure black label Champion.
        This is what sounds to be a conventional dance band, featuring fine muted
        trumpet. Female vocalist.

        Message 3 of 20 , Nov 5, 2005
          Hi Everybody,

          I have an extra copy of this record. I'd like to trade it for something
          hot on Grey Gull, Radiex, Van Dyke.......

          Radiex 1804-Memphis Jazzers: In Harlem's Araby/University Syncopators: Turn
          On The Heat.........V++

          Please contact me off-list.

          Message 4 of 20 , May 13, 2008
            Greetings All,

            I have the following available for trade; looking for hot dance and jazz
            from the same period.

            Supertone 9384 Duke Lopez Havana Club Orch: I'll Never Love You/Baltimore
            Bellhops, Button Up Your Overcoat....condition E to E plus.

            The Lopez side is actually Ezra Buzzington Rustic Revellers from
            Gennett; good solos. Baltimore Bellhops is also from Gennett; good solos by TD and
            JD.

            Doug

            favorites at AOL Food.

          • Sax Therapy
            Message 5 of 20 , May 16, 2008
              http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140233170834

              I've got a box lot of 20 doowop 78's on ebay, link above.

              thanks for looking,

              Saul
              http://youtube.com/zaxmania

            • drjazz78@aol.com
              Message 6 of 20 , Aug 12, 2008
                Hey Gang,

                Back again with another rarity for trade; looking for hot dance and
                jazz, 1923-35 on the usual labels with the usual suspects..........

                Champion 16796 Jack Mills Orchestra: Pardon My Southern Accent/For All We
                Know....light scuffs, plays E. Super rare black label Champion. Side 2
                features Kay Austin on vocal.

                Please contact me off-list.

                Doug

                Moderator comment:
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 10, 2011
                  Anyone interested in Pathe X 8697 Sam Wooding Orchestra "Deep
                  Night"/"Smiling Irish Eyes" in E-?

                  Doug
                  drjazz78@...