78's on eBay

  • Darrell Lehman
    Message 1 of 23 , Aug 1 4:57 PM
      Got a few oddities (to me anyway... ?) closing Monday evening on eBay.
      They start here:

      *http://tinyurl.com/hfv7w*

      They are:

      20th Century Fox black/white TCF 22 / TCF 23 ... Alice
      Faye-John Payne Jack Oakie & Orch / Alice Faye-John Payne & Orchestra
      ... "You Say the Sweetest Things Baby" - Tin Pan Alley - same
      printed on both sides of label

      Cinematone Studios cream - vinyl? 78-300 / 78-302 ... Billy
      Mills Orchestra ... Pagan Love Song / Diga Diga Do - may have
      been autographed by Billy Mills or may be printed as part of label - ?

      Cinematone Studios cream - vinyl? 78-294 / 78-298 ... Billy
      Mills Orchestra ... Blue Room / Fascinating Rhythm - may have
      been autographed by Billy Mills or may be printed as part of label - ?

      Universal Pictures (?) tan "Picture Label" UPC 251 / UPC 252 ...
      The Merry Macs ... Wake Up Jacob / Beside the Rio Tonto - as
      the label says... "Music from Universal's Bud Abbott and Lou Costello
      in Ride 'Em Cowboy"

      Universal Pictures (?) tan "Picture Label" UP-89 / UP-92 ...
      The Andrews Sisters ... You're A Lucky Fellow, Mr. Smith /
      Apple Blossom Time I Wish You Were Here - as the label says... "Music
      from Universal's Buck Privates featuring songs by The Andrews Sisters"

      Universal Pictures (?) blue "Picture Label" UP-90A / UP-60 ...
      Deanna Durbin ... Thank You America / Beneath the Lights Of
      Home - as the label says "Deanna Durbin in Nice Girl"

      Universal Pictures (?) blue "Picture Label" UP-59 (single-sided)
      ... Deanna Durbin ... Love At Last - as the label says
      "Deanna Durbin in Nice Girl"

      NBC Reference Recording yellowish - reverse has the "old" embossed
      "Victor" found on Victor Red Seal records... ? QB-725 ...
      "with Vocal Chorus by King's Men" ... Mr. Rainbow
      "Theme---(Fibber McGee and Molly)" - label has a personalized
      "autograph" by Billy Mills - handwriting very similar to two other ones
      I've posted - ?

      Hawaiian Recording and Publishing Company (Honolulu) yellow H-2
      ... Morgan Sisters ... The Tourist Trade / Lani

      Bell Records (Honolulu) yellow LKS 531 ... Andy Cummings and
      His Hawaiians ... Maunaloa - "Hula" / Hula Blues - Ralph Alapai,
      vocal-solo

      Cameo Kids Songs Games - approx 7" diameter 26 ... Maureen
      Englin - orch acc. ... Go To Sleep My Little Pickaninny / The
      Dream Man

      thanks, Darrell (nickjay78)

    • Darrell Lehman
      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 6, 2010
        Sorry for the late notice - too much football!!!

        We have 61 closing this week, ranging from early Victor Monarchs to
        early Rock 'n' Roll.

        The listings start here:

        http://shop.ebay.com/nickjay78/m.html?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

        thanks, Darrell (nickjay78)

      • Darrell Lehman
        Message 3 of 23 , Jun 25, 2012
          Hello!! Starting tomorrow evening we have 60 select discs for you to
          peruse!

          The listings start here:

          http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=nickjay78&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25&rdir=0

          The artists, titles, etc include:

          Columbia bronze "Banner / Tri-color" label 268-D ...
          California Ramblers ... Oh Mabel! / Me and the Boy Friend -
          both Fox trot

          Columbia bronze "Banner / Tri-color" label 236-D ...
          California Ramblers ... Copenhagen - Shimmy One-step / Gotta
          Getta Girl - Fox trot

          Columbia bronze "Banner / Tri-color" label 228-D ... Fletcher
          Henderson and His Orch ... Go 'Long Mule / Manda - from "The
          Chocolate Dandies"

          RCA Victor scroll V-38118 ... McKinney's Cotton Pickers ...
          If I Could Be With You One Hour To-night / Zonky - both Fox trot

          Victor scroll 20221 ... Jelly-Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers
          ... Black Bottom Stomp / The Chant - both Fox trot

          Victor scroll 20252 ... Jelly-Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers
          ... Sidewalk Blues / Dead Man Blues - bdz

          Victor scroll 21658 ... Jelly-Roll Morton's Red Hot Peppers
          ... Shreveport - Stomp / Shoe Shiner's Drag - Slow Blues

          RCA Man scroll 25140 ... "Fats" Waller and His Rhythm ...
          Loafin' Time / Woe! Is Me - both Fox trot

          Vocalion blue 3042 ... Bix Beiderbecke and his Gang ...
          The Jazz Me Blues / At the Jazz Band Ball

          Vocalion blue 3150 ... Bix Beiderbecke, piano / Tram-Bix and
          Lang, instrumental ... In A Mist / Wringin' an' Twistin'

          Victor scroll 22037 ... Ted Weems and His Orch ...
          Piccolo Pete / Here We Are - both Fox trot

          RCA Man scroll 25502 ... The Original Dixieland Five ...
          Original Dixieland One Step / Barnyard Blues

          RCA Victor scroll 22528 ... Duke Ellington and His Orch ...
          Three Little Words / Ring Dem Bells - both Fox trot

          Columbia Viva-Tonal "Potato-head" label 1683-D ... Paul
          Whiteman and His Orch ... Makin' Whoopee! / I'm Bringing A
          Red-Red Rose - both Fox trot

          Melotone black M 13372 ... Walter Roland, vocal - piano,
          guitar acc. ... Cold Blooded Murder / Sail On Little Girl No. 2

          Pathe Actuelle Needle Cut mottled brown/black 25184 ... Miss
          Lee Morse ... Lonesome and Sorry - w/ guitar / A Little Love -
          and her Blue Grass Boys

          RCA Man scroll 25494 ... Hoagy Carmichael and his Orch (incl
          Beiderbecke, Miley, Dorsey, Goodman, Freeman, Krupa, Teagarden,
          Morehouse, Lang and Venuti - not all on both sides) ... Rockin'
          Chair / Georgia - both Fox trot

          Victor scroll V-38051 ... McKinney's Cotton Pickers ...
          It's A Precious Little Thing Called Love / Do Something - both Fox trot

          Victor electric Bat-wing 20081 ... Coon-Sanders Original
          Nighthawk Orch / Al Katz and His Kittens ... Deep Henderson / Ace
          In the Hole - both Fox trot

          Columbia "circle W" 386-D ... Blossom Seely, comedienne - two
          pianos acc. ... Yes Sir, That's My Baby / It's Just That Feeling
          For Home

          ... ...

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15201-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes, Fate Norris, Bob Nichols and Bill
          Brown ... A Corn Licker Still In Georgia - Part 1 / --- - Part 2

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15258-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes, Fate Norris, Bob Nichols and Bill
          Brown ... A Corn Licker Still In Georgia - Part 3 / --- - Part 4

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15366-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes and Fate Norris ... Corn Licker
          Still In Georgia - Part 5 / --- - Part 6

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15432-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes, Fate Norris and Tom Dorsey ...
          Corn Licker Still In Georgia - Part 7 / --- - Part 8

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15531-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes, Fate Norris and Tom Dorsey ...
          Corn Licker Still In Georgia - Part 9 / --- - Part 10

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15618-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes, Fate Norris and Tom Dorsey ...
          Corn Licker Still In Georgia - Part 11 / --- - Part 12

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15703-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes, Bert Layne & Tom Dorsey ...
          Corn Licker Still In Georgia - Part 13 / --- - Part 14

          ... ...

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15140-D ... Clayton McMichen, Gid Tanner,
          Riley Puckett, Bob Nichols Fate Norris and Bert Layne ... A
          Fiddlers' Convention In Georgia - Part 1 / --- - Part 2

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15667-D ... Clayton McMichen, Riley
          Puckett, Gid Tanner, Lowe Stokes, Bert Layne, Bob Nichols and Tom
          Dorsey ... Fiddlers' Convention - Part 3 / --- - Part 4

          ... ...

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15420-D ... Gid Tanner and His
          Skillet-Lickers - w/ Riley Puckett, Clayton McMichen ... Going On
          Down Town / Mississippi Sawyer

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15695-D ... Gid Tanner and His
          Skillet-Lickers - w/ Riley Puckett, Clayton McMichen ... There'll
          Be A Hot Time In the Old Town To-night / Giddap Napoleon

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15171-D ... Riley Puckett, vocal - Clayton
          McMichen, fiddle acc ... Sleep Baby Sleep / Little Log Cabin In
          the Lane

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15232-D ... Riley Puckett and Clayton
          McMichen, vocal - w/ violin, guitar ... Cindy / Little Brown Jug

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15632-D ... Riley Puckett, Lowe Stokes,
          Bert Layne & Tom Dorsey ... Prohibition - Yes or No - Part 1 /
          --- - Part 2

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15326-D ... Earl Shirkey and Roy Harper -
          w/ guitar ... When the Roses Bloom For the Bootlegger / Steamboat Man

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15463-D ... The Arkansas Woodchopper - w/
          guitar ... The Cowboy's Dream / The Dying Cowboy

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 15268-D ... Joe Foss and His Hungry
          Sand-Lappers ... Oh! How She Lied / Wee Dog Waltz

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 2134-D ... Frank Luther and Carson Robison
          - w/ novelty acc. ... His Old Cornet / Smoky Mountain Bill

          Columbia Viva-Tonal 1681-D ... Ed McConnell - w/ piano ...
          The Devil Song / Bye and Bye - w/ Grace McConnell

          Victor scroll 20102 ... Judge Sturdy's Orch ... Old Dan
          Tucker - Country Dance / Hiram's Valley - Quadrille - both "With Calls"

          Victor scroll 21420 ... "Mac" (Harry McLintock) - w/ guitar
          ... Jesse James / Sam Bass - w/ violin

          RCA Victor scroll V-40101 ... Harry McClintock "Radio Mac" /
          "Peg" Moreland - w/ guitar ... Ain't We Crazy? / He Never Came Back

          Brunswick black/gold 345 ... Frankie Marvin and His Guitar
          ... She's Old and Bent But She Gets There Just the Same - w/
          banjo, cornet / My Mammy'[s Yodel Song - w/ steel guitar, cornet

          Brunswick black/gold 348 ... The Pickard Family - w/ guitars,
          harmonica, Jew's harp, piano ... Rabbit In the Pea Patch / Down
          In Arkansas

          Brunswick black/gold 464 ... Bradley Kincaid - w/ guitar
          ... Cindy / Pretty Little Pink

          ... ...

          Imperial purple 44510 ... Henry Burr - w/ piano ...
          Home, Sweet Home

          The Phono-Cut Record co. black 5197 ... Inez Barbour - w/
          orch ... Ben Bolt / Auld Lang Syne

          Columbia Viva-Tonal green 33320-F ... Flanagan Brothers -
          "Irish" ... The Little Black Mustache / A Gay Caballero

          Victor blue 45180 ... Walter C. Kelly - performed partly in a
          "Black/African-American/Person of Color "dialect" ... Virginian
          Judge (First Session - Part 1) / --- - (First Session - Part 2) - uses
          "nigger" four times on side A and twice on side B

          Columbia blue/silver A2979 ... Bert Williams - w/ orch ...
          Save A Little Dram For Me / Lonesome Alimony Blues - performed in a
          mild "Black/African-American/Person of Color "dialect"

          Victor 19066 ... Georgie Price / Billy Murray - both w/ orch
          ... Barney Google / I Love Me

          Victor 18610 ... Billy Murray / American Quartet - both w/
          orch ... And He'd Say Oo-La-La! Wee Wee / Dixie Is Dixie Once More

          Victor Talking Machine Division Radio-victor Corp... scroll 22132
          ... Bebe Daniels, soprano - w/ orch ... You're Always In My
          Arms / If You're In Love, You'll Waltz

          Brunswick white Fred Astaire "Picture" label 8189 ... Fred
          Astaire, vocal - w/ Ray Noble and his Orch ... Change Partners /
          I Used To Be Color Blind

          Victor Exposition 16092 ... Vess L. Ossman, banjo - w/ orch /
          Ossman-Dudley Trio, banjo, mandolin, harp-guitar ... A Gay
          Gossoon / St. Louis Tickle

          RCA Man "circle/ring" label 25889 ... Unknown performer /
          Lionel Hampton and Orch - Hampton, vibraphone ... Pick the Winner
          (A Horse Race Game For Parties) - as you can hear in the clip below,
          depending on where you set the needle down, there can be one of six
          winners / Ring Dem Bells - Fox trot

          Victor 19431 ... Billy Murray - w/ orch ... You'll
          Never Get To Heaven With Those Eyes - w/ Aileen Stanley / Dumb Dorz

          Decca blue/silver "3-D/Sunburst" label 540 ... Mae Questel
          (The Betty Boop girl) - w/ orch ... When I Grow Up / Animal
          Crackers In My Soup

          Victor scroll 22079 ... Gloria Swanson, soprano - w/ orch
          ... Love / Serenade

          Brunswick black/gold 6495 ... Mae West - w/ orch ... I
          Like A Guy What Takes His Time / I Wonder Where My Easy Rider's Gone

          Bluebird cream B-6835 ... Sophie Tucker - w/ orch ...
          Some Of These Days / I'm the Last Of the Red Hot Mammas

          Victor scroll 21993 ... Sophie Tucker - w/ orch ... I'm
          Doing What I'm Doing For Love / I'm Feathering A Nest

          Victor scroll 20135 ... Carl Sandburg - w/ guitar ...
          The Boll Weevil / Negro Spirituals

          Victor Talking Machine Division Radio-victor Corp... scroll 22103
          ... Charles (Chic) Sale - w/ organ, chimes ... The
          Substitute Parson - Part 1 / --- - Part 2

          Victor blue 45369 ... Will Rogers - humorous monologue ...
          Will Rogers Nominates Henry Ford For President / Will Rogers Tells
          Traffic Chiefs How To Direct Traffic

          thanks for looking!

        • Darrell Lehman
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 24, 2012
            Got 17 discs closing tomorrow (Wed.) evening. The listings start here:

            http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=nickjay78&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25&rdir=0

            The titles/etc are:

            M~G~M 11533... Hank Williams w/ his Drifting Cowboys... My Love For You
            / I Won't Be Home No More

            M~G~M 10033... Hank Williams w/ his Drifting Cowboys... Move It On Over
            / I Heard You Crying In Your Sleep

            M~G~M 10904... Hank Williams w/ his Drifting Cowboys... Dear John /
            Cold, Cold Heart

            M~G~M 10271... Hank Williams w/ his Drifting Cowboys... I Saw the Light
            / Six More Miles

            M~G~M 10461... Hank Williams w/ his Drifting Cowboys... Mind Your Own
            Business / There'll Be No Tear-drops Tonight

            M~G~M 11366... Hank Williams w/ his Drifting Cowboys... I'll Never Get
            Out Of This World Alive / I Could Never Be Ashamed Of You

            M~G~M 11928... Hank Williams and his Guitar... Faded Love and Winter
            Roses / Please Don't Let Me Love You

            Victor "Grand Prize" 5492... Billy Murray - w/ orch... Mother Hasn't
            Spoken To Father Since

            Columbia black (New York London) 68... Cal Stewart - ANNOUNCED... Uncle
            Josh In A Department Store

            Oxford purple 3021... Cal Stewart... Uncle Josh On Jim Lawson's Horse Trade

            Columbia black (New York London) 1490... Talking... Uncle Josh In A
            Chinese Laundry

            Harmony black (3/4" spindle hole!) 2710... Uncle Josh... Uncle Josh In A
            Chinese Laundry

            Emerson black 10123... Cal Stewart... Uncle Josh In the Cafeteria /
            Train Time At Pun'kin Centre

            Victor 17942... Irving Kaufman / Billy Murray-Irving Kaufman... Don't
            Bite the Hand That's Feeding You (great "America - love it or leave it"
            song!!) / Are You From Dixie?

            Victor scroll 21735... Frank Crumit... A Gay Caballero / I Learned About
            Women From Her

            Zon-o-phone "etched" label - 9" (Approx) 939... Victor Herbert's Band...
            Narcissus From The Water Scenes

            Busy Bee - 10-11/16" Matrix # 031046 (?)... Male - w/ chorus and
            piano... Shame On You

            thanks for your consideration, Darrell (nickjay78)

          • Darrell Lehman
            Message 5 of 23 , Jan 31
              Just 20 closing Monday evening - then a week off and more gems coming!!!!

              The listings start here:

              http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewListedItems&userid=nickjay78&include=0&since=-1&sort=2&rows=25&rdir=0

              The records include:

              Victor 21343... "Mac" Harry McClintock... The Bum Song / Hallelujah! I'm
              A Bum

              Columbia 15382-D... Gid Tanner and His Skillet-Lickers w/ Puckett &
              McMichen... Nancy Rollin / Old Dan Tucker

              Brunswick 3572... Vernon Dalhart... Lucky Lindy / The Lost French Flyers

              Victor 4432... Arthur Collins... Rufus Rastus Johnson Brown

              Victor 17221... Arthur Collins / Collins and Harlan... The Preacher and
              the Bear / Bake Dat Chicken Pie

              Victor 17256... Billy Golden / Collins and Harlan... Turkey In De Straw
              / Niggah Loves His Possum

              Victor 17657... Collins and Harlan / Morton Harvey... The Mississippi
              Barbecue / The Memphis Blues

              Columbia A1023... Collins and Harlan / Elise Stevenson and Walter Van
              Brunt... Baby Rose / Hannah Won't You Smile A While On Me

              Columbia A2876... Columbia Saxophone Sextette... Limehouse Nights -
              One-step / Buddha-Dardanella

              Columbia 578-D... Cylde Doerr's Saxophone Orch... Just A Cottage Small /
              Remember

              Victor 18652... Six Brown Brothers... Peter Gink / Egyptland

              Victor 18189... Six Brown Brothers / Pietro... Chicken Walk - Eccentric
              Fox trot / San Francisco Souvenir March

              Victor 17677... Van Eps Trio / Six Brown Brothers... The Original Fox
              Trot / That Moaning Saxophone Rag

              Victor 19073... Tennessee Ten / Paul Whiteman... You Got To See Mamma
              Ev'ry Night / Nuthin' But

              Victor 16088... Emil Keneke-Clement Barone / Herbert L. Clarke... Titl's
              Serenade / Carnival Of Venice

              Victor 16695... Henry Price... 1-The Camel and the Butterfly 2-Elephant
              and the Portmanteau / The Tin Gee Gee

              Victor 17222... Nat M. Wills / Tom McNaughton... "No News" or "What
              Killed the Dog" / The Three Trees

              Columbia A585... Steve Porter... Finnegan's Flat / McGuire's
              Fourth-Of-July Celebration

              Brunswick A432... Steve Porter / Len Spencer and Ada Jones... The
              Laughing Spectator / Bronco Bob and His Little Cheyenne

              "Columbia Dance Record" newspaper give-away 32376 / 4364... ??? /
              Contralto solo... Hesitation Waltz / Last Night

              thanks for looking, Darrell (nickjay78)