=>ETHNIC MUSIC:GREEK,POLISH 1945-56 LOT

  • bdoggett213
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2009
      Sunday greetings from Bill Doggett in San Francisco.....

      I am offering a nice small lot of very hard to find ethnic Greek and
      Polish Folk Music material from 1945-56 period. Also, offered are two
      related Polish and Portuguese Folk Dance items.

      The following are offered as best offer auctions. The auction closes
      Wednesday, Aug 26th at 5pm West Coast time.[8pm East Coast time]

      This is a lot of rare music and song book material to accompany your
      Greek and Polish 78s.

      GREEK MUSIC

      Lot of 20 song sheets in greek script printed for Greek-American
      consumer with illustrated covers: 1945-1956

      Songs include titles such as E SAMIOTISSA, ZENYXTHAEE, POTE MOU DEN
      PISTEPSA, INE MARTIRIO I ZIO AND STAMBOULOU[the last 3 all dated 1945]

      POLISH MUSIC:

      1945:Rare: SONGS OF MAY-WARSAW{End of WWII]: PIOSENKA WARSZAWIE, ALBERTA
      HURRISA

      1947: 27 page Polish language/script Folk Song/Folk Dance song
      book-large format:LUDOWE TANCE POLSKIE II illustrated and edited by
      WLADYSLAW GROT

      ETHNIC FOLK DANCE:

      Two Dance Magazines with Ethnic Folk Dance covers:
      January 1944- Polka Feature:Celebrating 100 Years of Polish Dance. Also
      a Martha Graham Feature

      June 1945: Portuguese Dance in America, plus Ballet Theatre Season
      production stills

      email bids: bdoggett213@... and back up at bdoggett55@...