756Re: Couple of Barbie questions

  • Bett
    Nov 19, 2011
      Hi, Crystal!

      I missed your questions when you first posted, but as they say, better late than never.

      I can't offer any better advice for your first question than Jeff gave you. About your second question re the Masquerade masks: If it's possible to detach and re-attach the strings or elastic that hold the mask on, I suggest using iron-on or fusible white interfacing on the inside of the mask. That would probably be safest if you intend to leave the masks on the dolls for a long time.

      And, congratulations on getting those Masquerade outfits - they looks so cute!

      Bett

      --- In 6thScalerestoration@yahoogroups.com, Crystal Ellett <crystal80387@...> wrote:

      > OK, first of all, over the years that I've been on these groups, I've printed out various messages about various things from repairing to cleaning, etc.  I've now gotten them organized in a notebook where I can find what I want!  Those are great and I appreciate the wisdom of everyone on these groups.  So on to my questions.
      >
      > 1.  I've mentioned before and asked before about the limbs on a Fashion Queen I have which have darkened.  I cleaned her all up and she looks better, but her arms and legs are still darker than her body and head.  I've read what was written in the past about lightening doll heads and was wondering if the same would apply for the limbs.  I'd read to use Lemon Joy with water, put the head in it and in the sun for a few days.  Do you think that would help the limbs and if so, do you think it would affect the body and/or head?  I wanted to get some opinions before I try it.  She's perfect except for this one thing.  I've got her in the original outfit, including the blue headband.  Plus I have about 12 wigs.  I just want to make her look her best, while being cautious because I don't wanna mess her up.
      >
      > 2.  I've always been absolutely fascinated with the Masquerade outfits.  I've finally gotten a couple of them.  My concern is the mask.  I have the masks for Skipper and Barbie and I'm concerned that if I display them in the masks, the black might rub off on their faces.  Anyone have these and if so, what has your experience been with it.  I appreciate any and all input.  I wanna display them all but wanna make sure before I do.
      >
      > Thanks again for all your wisdom.  You can't even imagine how much you've helped some of us learn from your expertise.
      >
      > Thanks again,
      > Crystal

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic