6mm Painting Tutorials

  • JeffreyJ
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2010
      Just wondering if anyone out there has any good tutorials for painting 6mm stuff. specifically anything that deals with washes, inks and glazes (and their differences.) Any other help also welcome.

      Thanks
      Jeff
    • Anthony Russo
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
        Flames of War has a nice painting guide that they released that covers all types of painting techniques including the items you mentioned.  However it is 15mm.  Scale shouldn't matter.

        Just wondering if anyone out there has any good tutorials for painting 6mm stuff. specifically anything that deals with washes, inks and glazes (and their differences. ) Any other help also welcome.

        Thanks
        Jeff

      • Jerome Johnson
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2010
          The following would possibly be what you're after

          http://legio-wargames.com/#/painiting-6mm/4539101895

          On Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 6:13 AM, Anthony Russo <anthonyrusso87@...> wrote:

          > Flames of War has a nice painting guide that they released that covers all types of painting techniques including the items you mentioned.  However it is 15mm.  Scale shouldn't matter.

        • monk2002uk
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
            >  Scale shouldn't matter.

            It does. The smaller the figures, the lighter the colours should be, for example.

            Robert
          • tomfiiio
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
              There are some tutorials on the GHQ website/forum. One spcific to infantry, others with armor, and lots of material that makes good inspiration.

              Tom Oxley

              --- In 6mm_Miniatures@yahoogroups.com, "monk2002uk" <robert.dunlop@...> wrote:

              > >  Scale shouldn't matter.
              >
              > It does. The smaller the figures, the lighter the colours should be, for example.
              >
              > Robert

            • Kieran Mahony
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 2, 2010
                Hi

                I've got an old one for microarmour here which needs updating

                http://6mm.wargaming.info/page211.shtml

                I mainly use oil paints now to give me the shading I want.

                And there are some fantastic painting tutorials here

                http://wwiicentral.com/articlestop/category/1-6mmpaintingtutorials.html

                Cheers
                kieran