Re: [RecRoom] Seattle earthquake

  • Kryslin Enderchai
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
      Minna:

      Phil's Roommate, Damon, has posted to Furcom, saying they're basically OK.
      Damage in Seattle is less than what it could be; the earthquake was a deep
      one. Olympia, WA has more damage.

      Highway system in the PNW is gonna be screwy for a while, though...

      Steve
    • Phil
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2001
        Hi ya'll. Yep everythings okay out this way. Couldn't get online sooner cuz
        the darn cable was acting up yesterday (even before the quake).
        Really wasn't a big deal. I was in the shower when everything started
        shaking, kinda like being on a boat or the way an apartment feels when
        someones stomping around or slamming a door upstairs. Grabbed my robe and it
        took me a few seconds to get a good hold on the doorknob with soapy hands.
        the whole thing ended a few seconds after we all got on the porch.

        Lotsa minor damage scattered around town. Lots of fallen bricks from older
        buildings downtown, damage to roads from undermining or small landslides,
        and Boeings airfield is shut down thanks to a 3-inch, 400 foot crack down
        the middle. Only damage here at the house was my poor Sailor Saturn garage
        kit that fell over and lost her head and arm. :(
        As usual it looks like CNN and the networks overrated the damage up here.
        Other than a fair number of closed business's, and horrible traffic this
        afternoon thanks to bridges being closed for inspection, we're all safe and
        sound.

        Thanks for being concerned guys! ---PHIL

        We have had one death unfortunately. Someone died of a heart attack.

        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2001
          > Hi ya'll. Yep everythings okay out this way. Couldn't get online sooner
          cuz
          > the darn cable was acting up yesterday (even before the quake).
          > Really wasn't a big deal. I was in the shower when everything started
          > shaking, kinda like being on a boat or the way an apartment feels when
          > someones stomping around or slamming a door upstairs. Grabbed my robe and
          it
          > took me a few seconds to get a good hold on the doorknob with soapy hands.
          > the whole thing ended a few seconds after we all got on the porch.

          Glad to hear you are okay!

          Badg