oh heck....

  • hsm@inetnow.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2000
      Minna sama--

      My deepest and most humblest regrets, plus abject apologies to you all.

      I have just found out I forwarded a virus to several of you, contained in an
      attachment I stupidly sent on. It was that "Gore Xmas Present" thing...

      I just spent 3 hours and some money tonight (on McAfee.com) trying to figure
      this virus out, and it's a nasty one, highly persistent, tho it does NOT
      cause drive damage of any sort.

      The sneaky bastard hides in your auto.exe file, and signature file, plus in
      the attachment I unwittingly forwarded to several people. (most on this
      mass email never got it) I had to wipe out almost 1600 "sent letter" files,
      plus all my signature files, clean my auto.exe file, and the sent letter
      files were a tremendous loss since there was a ton of business information
      in there I can't access ever again.

      PLEASE accept my apologies! _o_ _o_ _o_

      On the other paw, please take notice I will _NEVER AGAIN_ even _look_ at a
      FWD: file, so don't send any to me. Period. Exclamation point.

      Neither will I open an attachment from anyone in the future, unless they
      state up front in the cover letter that _they_ and _they_ alone originated
      it (as in a .gif or .jpg), and that it is not from some semi-anonymous web
      source. (meaning it has addresses, but can't be verified since I don't know
      the people personally)

      I know everyone means well, but I've just been shot in the butt by some
      well-meaning person, and even _worse_, I've spread the damned virus around
      myself!!!

      Please excuse me. _o_

      Badger, on bended knee