What Steve is Up to...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 15, 2013
      Well, like the subject says...

      Been up to a lot, lately.

      Since I couldn't buy what I wanted at Anime North (Thank You, Canadian Immigration), I ordered it through Amazon.

      Tenchimuyo : War in Geminar (aka Tenchimuyo : Seikish no Monogatari) was entertaining.  Worth watching, though the first half is rather inane, and the second half is where all the Mecha Action is at.  Happens 15 years after Tenchimuyo : GXP...  No sign of the original crew, though you do see Washuu briefly in an episode.  Also, episodes are ~1 hour long.

      Cat Planet Cuties : Not too bad, but not too good, either.  Funimation's selling points on it don't help much, either.  If anything, I'd say it's cute, but erratic.

      I also picked up a Master Grade RX-0 Unicorn Gundam kit.  Looking forward to putting it together.

      A project I've been working on since just after the con...
      Pretty Picture
      A Chinese Style courtyard, and house.   Still got a lot of work to do, and once the building is done, I've got plants and things to add.
      However, at the moment, I'm pretty proud of the Moon Gate

      Saw Epic last weekend.  I liked it, My Mom liked it.  Good story, very few distractions, and the environmental message wasn't too heavy handed.

      Today's foray into Des Moines took me to a hobby store, as I needed supplies to put together the aforementioned Gundam Kit... when I discovered they had Gundam Models on the shelf!  I now have a GM-III and a GM-II Sniper to go with my Jegan and Unicorn Gundam.  Yay!

      Looking forward to Despicable Me 2, and Pacific Rim in July, but I'll probably skip Monsters University and Turbo.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 23, 2013
        I Decided to dig into the pile of Bandai mecha model kits I have piled
        up around here, and started assembling yesterday.

        I have 2 practically ancient kits (DG-1X Dragonar, and a Gundam F91
        Heavygun) (copyright dates are late 80's) that predate the HG/MG
        classifications, and 3 other HG kits that have been assembled; GM-II
        Sniper, GM-III, and a Jegan (much nicer than the original release kit
        I put together several years ago). (I do plan on inputting the GM's
        into Lightwave 3D...)

        I've got another ancient kit, a Jagd Doga, and a HG Ground Attack GM
        kit, to put together, before I dive into the Master Grade Unicorn
        Gundam, and the Patriarch Mirage MortarHeadd kit...

        I'll see if I can't get a picture of my little squardon of GM Mobile
        Suits before too long...

        I've also discovered why I never watched Avatar : The Last Airbender
        regularly while it was on... Nickelodeon's Commercials. I picked up
        the entire series and have made it through Book 1. Of all the
        characters so far, I like General Eiro the best.

        Cat's causing problems, because I'm typing... Later!