Signs of the times...

    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2013
      ...and this time of the year, I'm preparing to brave the Border
      Crossing, to (possibly) see things like what is shown in this slide
      show...

      http://now.msn.com/signs-youre-in-canada-photo-gallery
    • Brian Jordan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 15, 2013
        Well, I don't particularly follow or care about hockey but I do appreciate that you have to have your priorities straight.

        Sliding towards sunrise,
        Brian Jordan

        Message 3 of 3 , May 26, 2013
          Normally about this time, I've crawled back to my room in Canada, to report that the Convention is over, and that it was a blast.

          Alas, this year, I have NO IDEA how the convention went;  Brian and I were refused entry to Canada.  Unsurprisingly, we're both very annoyed by this turn of events.  I really don't have anything unkind to say about the actual agents we encountered - they handled their job professionally.  I have many questions to put to CCIS, mainly how to avoid this issue without paying $150 each (the 'fee' for a work permit - feels more like graft or a bribe to me) do to volunteer work in Canada...

          However, I can report that everything I wanted to purchase (Gundam Unicorn MG kit, Tenchimuyo : War in Geminar 1 & 2, Cat Planet Cuties, Gold Digger back issues) at the con, I have purchased via Amazon and Antarctic Press' websites.  The Japanese Food I would normally eat... I'll have to solve that problem in Des Moines.  Samurai Grill in Clive is a decent place to eat, with good food.  Of course, I can make my own Pan Fried Pork with Ginger Sauce, too.

          On the up side of this mess, I've got about half my summer projects done, and several projects starting up, including a rather large one...  I need a new computer desk.  The one I have is just too small (I have dual 24" widescreen flat panel monitors, my current desk is 52" wide, and 30 years old).

          Still. I'd trade all that I've gotten done this weekend to have been in Canada, enjoying the con... :(

          Thank you, Government of Canada, for the bitch-slap at the door.

          Steve