a suggestion

    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2011
      I was reading the WSJ about the Kindle last weekend and I found out something I didn't know.

      Amazon has a publishing service for e-books.....you write your book and get it published there.  you get a piece, they get a  piece.

      Only thing that might throw anyone is it looks like to get a professionally designed and attractive cover/book you pony up $1,000 to another service.  Whether this is mandatory or not I do not know, so it might be worth cking out the terms on Amazon's book publishing page, which I haven't yet.

      They used one guy as an example.  You can set your price as you like it of course, but this cunning so and so set his at 99 cents for high/quick sales.  1st month he did about 1,500 sales, 2nd several thousand sales, and in just a few more months over 350,000 sales.  That is not a typo.  He gets to keep 35 cents out of every 99.  Add the figures up.

      He writes about a retired CIA agent having adventures around the world, and that's just about the most overwritten genre there is, so he must be a.) a pretty decent writer, and b.) the 99 cent cost is dragging in buyers by the boatload.

      When asked if he would raise the price to at least $1.99 he said "...no.  99 cents was the price that brought me to the dance and I'm staying with it".

      Y'all would have to clear up any intellectual copyright probs, and chip in for a pro job, but it looks like worth looking into.  I am VERY interested and as flat broke as I am, I still have a credit card or two that are nearly untouched, available balance wise.

      Badger, sharing ideas

          Message 4 of 5 , May 1, 2011
            Actually. about the only story I've got that doesn't have any legal entanglements would be Für Eilse, and then, only after editing (namely, removing any references to Jurai...).  It's still incomplete, with part 3 about 2/3rd's done, and another 3-4 parts to go after that....

            Steve