some interesting news....FW: [awadirectors] AWA 2006 Attendance Numbers; and the Waverly hotel has been sold

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      Minna san,

      Registration lost about 1,000 memberships in a box that never showed up
      again, but I'm pleased with these numbers in any case. Last year was over
      7,500, so Anime Weekend Atlanta continues to grow and increase. Spell my
      middle name "Happy". ^-^

      Dunno what the sale of the Waverly will mean, but we've got them in a
      multi-year contract which of course they will have to honour. As for the
      Galleria convention center, the 2nd largest display convention center in
      all of Georgia, that's a separate contract having nothing to do with the
      Waverly management.

      The Waverly was already a super high-class hotel, so I cannot imagine what
      innovations this Diamond Rock group can do to it, but I'll be happy to find
      out in 2007. ^-^

      Badger