RE: [RecRoom] Not So Goofy Stuph

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
      So sorry to hear of your new loss, Steve.  ^^;;

      Yeah, diabetes can do that.  Nasty disease.

      I'm glad to see you say "mourned but not missed".  Ancient people who've been in their own world (I assume this is so) for years and not communicative with their real life relatives can get lost in the shuffle.  It took my own paternal Gmother so many years to finally shuffle off this mortal coil in her nursing home that I assumed she was dead many years before her death.  My own father (now many years dead) told me not to visit her because she would not recognize me or any of us, anymore.

      It's a bitch, but the longer you live, the more people you see die.  Nature's way.  All of us will be dead someday.

      God bless and keep your Grandmother.

      Badger

        My paternal grandmother passed away at 3am this morning.

        Cause of death is ultimately out of control Diabetes; Actual
        cause of death is Organ Failure due to massive infection from
        an amputation they performed that went gangrenous, and
        the fact she refused most medication and food afterwords. When her
        IV lines went flat, My parents started scurrying around to get
        thier affairs in order, and left for New Mexico about 6pm.

        She'll be mourned, but not missed.

        She was 89.

        Don't blame me, I voted for Kerry.
      • Brian Jordan
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 2, 2006
          Steve:

          I'm certain all of us are saddened at your loss. It never feels good to
          lose family, whatever the personal relationship.

          I would also note, for those indulging in the 'she lived a long, full
          life' reassurance that it only works when it isn't your loss. My mother is
          going to be 78 come Christmas. I expect her to live a fair piece beyond
          that. Many would say though, that 78 is a good long run.

          Trust me. The devil pops up and offers a deal to preserve her health and
          well being, I'm going to find myself considering it.

          Problem is the objective recognition of the head never stops the pain in
          the heart. It's like trying to resolve an abortion argument: even if both
          sides use the same words, they're really talking about different things.
          Communication never works when that happens.

          Sliding towards sunrise,
          Brian Jordan, off to see if Mom is alright. Just in case.