RE: [RecRoom] FW: Badgermail Problems & Holiday Greetings

  • McEvoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2005
      Here's hoping everyone has a good 2005 and hoping no one had friends or
      relatives in the way of danger in SE Asia last week.

      It's been a rough few days around here. Allisdair - AKA Kittenboy, Prince of
      Darkness - had another health crisis. That turned into severe shock and then
      kidney failure and blood tests that indicated an underlying problem most
      likely a tumor on the liver. We had to have him put to sleep on New Year's
      Eve. It was heartbreaking and we'll take a while to get over it, he was such
      a special personality. Goki is especially hard hit because he was her
      bestest buddy in the world and the other cats all hate her. She's mopey and
      depressed and barely eating, we're seriously talking about finding a new
      puppy to keep her company.

      I'm on meds now for a kidney infection myself, it's not as serious as
      Steve's thankfully, and have kidney stones again, I'm trying to put off more
      surgery until after Anime North, I'm such a martyr lol.

      Eileen
    • Brian Jordan
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 5, 2005
        Eileen:
        My sympathies on Allisdair's passing. I know from experience it hurts
        but that's part of the problem with relationships- the end of the good ones
        is never without pain.

        Hopefully you will be feeling better soon, both physically and
        emotionally.

        Sliding towards sunrise,
        Brian Jordan