The MARCO POLO?

  • Brian Jordan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2000
      Minna:

      A while back someone asked what the THORA should look like. Since I
      have no talent as an artist (I am reluctant to paint my models for that
      reason), I had to rely on words.

      Now those nice people at eBay have decided to help out. Among the items
      being auctioned are some Perry Rhodan models from Revell Germany. The one
      whose box cover picture is attached, the MARCO POLO, is a larger craft than
      the THORA, but the basic design is correct (I'd forgotten how pronounced the
      ring bulge could be.) so it may help give people an idea of what is waiting
      to launch out of the Ashram Mountains. Please remember that THORA has taken
      a bit of battle damage.

      So, what's new with everyone?
      Sliding
      towards sunrise,
      Brian
      Jordan, who will bid. What's one more model I'll never paint?
    • Steven Pettit
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2000
        Brian:

        And to think that the mecha that took down the Thora probably would
        be a speck on the ground next to one of her landing legs. :) The
        Knight of Gold only stands 14M tall, according to the FSS... :)

        Steve
        (Writing, writing, writing, gotta keep on writing, Aiyaaaaa....)