Wolf In The Shell

  • Eric Bitton
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2002
      So here I was, minding my own business, leafing through the current issue of
      BPM magazine (music, DJs, parties, and fun stuff like that) I had picked up
      at E3 last week (along with a dozen other mags), when suddenly...

      I turned the page!

      And found 5 Wolf Brigade stormtroopers staring at me!

      Dude, I didn't know Jin-Roh was by the "Ghost In The Shell" team!!
      I have to find it and rent it!!!

      Anyway, BPM had a review of it and the writer was very impressed.
      And the next page had a full-page ad for it.
      The DVD version apparently comes on 3 discs: movie, extras, and soundtrack.

      Kryslin: You can tell the Patriarchy that they can kiss my stub-tailed fuzzy
      ass!!
      Though they've probably figured that out by now...
      Anyway, the occasional reminder never hurts! <^^^^^ ^^^^^>

      All: Keep an eye out for a Robotech game from TDK Mediactive.
      It will be available for PS2, XBox, and possibly PC and GameCube.
      It's all cell-shaded and you get to control all the original Macross Valkyries.
      You can transform on the fly, and all ammo is unlimited (anime rules apply!).

      I ran into Tommy Yune at the TDK booth. Some of you might know him as
      the creator and sole artist for "Buster The Amazing Bear", a nifty-ass little
      manga-style comicbook that was around in the mid-90's, and ran for 5 issues.
      He now works for Harmony Gold as a, and I quote:
      "creative artistic director type-thing" <insert vague hand gestures here>

      Tee hee...

      Also keep an eye out for, not one, but two giant monster fighting games!
      One features Toho movie monsters, including Big G Himself.
      It's called "Destroy All Monsters Melée".
      The other one has various generic monsters, including a giant mantis,
      a giant gorilla, a stone golem, and a giant robot in the Shogun Warriors style.
      I think that was one was called "King Of Monsters".

      And if you have a GameCube, reserve your copy of Metroid Prime now!
      I saw it and it looks hot! It plays good too.

      And the XBox is getting some real good stuff this time around.
      The new controller ("Controller S") is smaller, and patterned more after the
      Sony Dual Shock, which is great for PS-Heads like myself who never
      cottoned up to the "PC gamepad-style" tilted-diamond button layout.
      Add to that the price to $199.00, and the XBox suddenly looks very tempting.

      But aaaaaaaanyway...

      Zrath (Listening to the GITS soundtrack...)